Chapter 5

Thank you guys for all the love and support!! I edited chapters 3 and 4 so that it would make more sense. I also changed the baby's name to Oliver as well.

Lance had just left to go downstairs. I got up to go to the bathroom. On the way back to Lance's bed I felt stomach give a lurch and hot liquids poor down my legs. "LANCE HELP!" I yelled not knowing what else to do. The pain shot through my spine and I fell to the floor in the puddle of warm liquids. I laid there panting. My breath hitched and I felt a wave of shuddering pain roll over body.

Lance rushed into the room and gasped. "Lance..." I reached out to him as more pain raked my body. He lifted me off the floor and carried me to the bed. "I'm so sorry, baby! If I had known that this would happen..." Lance ran around in a flurry and gripped at his hair. "L-Lance ughn..." I gasped in pain. Lance turned to me and met my pleading eyes with his fearful ones.

"T-the doctor is coming over soon. Don't worry, love. T-this will all be over tonight." Lance brushed the hair out of my face and I smiled. I felt safe in his arms. My alpha. Lance's phone rang, playing Legs by some Rue Pal Drag Queen. He ran to pick it up. "H-hello?" He asked with a timid voice. "Mama! Oh my gosh! Yes don't worry... No... Yes... Look, mama... No... MAMA LISTEN! Keith is going into labor!.. Yes she will be here soon... Okay, mama. I love you too." He hung up the phone. He looked at me. "Ma is coming home."

We sat there for a few minutes. Lance was stroking my hair and counting the waves of pain going through me. I just held onto his free hand with both of mine and cried softly. There was a knock at the door. Lance growled lowly but kissed my forehead and stood up to go answer it. I whimpered slightly when he left. But he came back quickly with the doctor.

Doctor Griffen set to work immediately. She pulled out sheets of plastic and scalpels. She brought in a large machine and an odd looking curtain separator thingy. Lance helped her get the sheets of plastic underneath me. I threw up a few times from the movement. She placed the curtain separator thing over me and instructed Lance to stay next to me.

Then, we waited. The doctor timed what I now know are my contractions. Lance held my hand and whispered things like: "You are so strong and wonderful. I'm so proud of you. I love you so much." Into my ear softly. I purred in happiness. A few more random people, who all looked similar to the doctor, came into the room. Lance growled again at the intruders but stopped when he saw they were nurses.

The thing inside of me moved. I felt it squeeze my insides. It stung like hell. I felt like I couldn't breath. A large prick in my arms, legs and stomach areas told me that I was being sedated. But I was still awake. I gripped Lance's hand so hard there were sure to be bruises.

The lights all faded and the world went quite. But not for long. Screaming. Someone somewhere was screaming. Oh god! Make them shut up already. I couldn't breath. Why can't I breath? Another scream. Oh god now there are two screams! Wait... the first ones dying down. Wait... the first one is me.

I opened my eyes took deep breaths. An infant was screeching and I had to help it. The urge to be with it and feed it was overwhelming. I peered over the blue curtains. "Congratulations Mr Kogan and Mr McClain. It's a beautiful healthy baby boy." It was tan but had purple fuzzy ears. It's voice was loud and shrill. I loved it. I needed it. It was mine. It was put into my arms. I could feel tears of joy fall from my cheeks. I looked up at Lance with a searching look. He looked down at me with a look of approval.

He is proud. A voice in my head said. Alpha is proud that you birthed his pups. I felt warm and happy. The baby was taken away from me and I growled lowly. That is mine!!! I felt the world go dark once more.