~Chapter One~

Chapter One-Surfer girl

Word count: 747

The Sydney sun warmed my skin, kissing it a golden brown. I had my blue and white striped bikini on and my long blonde hair wavy. I held my Roxy surfboard underneath my arm, the strap attached to my right ankle. The pinks and yellows on the board looked flawless on the coastal water. I kicked off my flip flops and ran to the ocean. The water was brisk but it made me feel calm. I walked out further till I could paddle with my arms. I rode the waves for at least an hour before stopping to sit on my board, the water reaching the top of my calf. A few guys paddled out to me and we started talking. "I'm Kayd," A boy with a curly brown mop said, "Thats Jack," He said gesturing to the blonde boy, "And Brice." He said pointing to the other brunette. "I'm Paisley." I smiled. The boys and I surfed till my fitbit flashed. "I gotta go." I said beginning to paddle back to shore. I got out of the water, drying my hair and body. I threw on my white cover up-dress, though I never wear dresses I had to because I was meeting my dads new fiance. I ran up the old wood stairs which were covered in old sand, making it to the car, I strapped my board on the roof. I started on my way to the restaurant, watching my speed as I drove. I got to the restaurant a little later than expected and had to go inside rather fast. I saw my dad in a booth further back and made my way over. "Paisley, nice of you to join us." Dad said glaring slightly. Beside him a blonde woman with kind eyes. I smiled and looked down. "Don't be so hard on her! Where were you hun?" The woman asked. "I was at the beach." I said sheepishly. "What a wonderful place to be!" She exclaimed. "I'm liz and this is my son, Luke." Liz said directing her hand to the boy. He sat tall, at least 6'4 standing. His hair was blonde as well, styled into a small quiff, his eyes blue like the ocean on a clear day and a black ring on his lip. I smiled, which he returned, though his was evidently fake. I took a seat beside him, looking at the menu. The waiter came over and took our orders, rushing back with drinks. "So, Paisley, tell me why you guys came to Australia?" Liz said. "Well we lived in California before, but moved because of dad's job." I said, sipping my drink. "Do you like it here?" She asked. "Yea! It's beautiful and the beaches are amazing for surfing." I was Smiling, she joined me. "Well that's great! Cause your father and I are getting married and are buying a house here together!" She said, grabbing my dads hand. I spit my water and Luke started coughing. "What?" We both said at the same time. Liz explained everything, and though I wasn't against living in Sydney, I wasn't prepared for her to say that. They showed us pictures of the house over dinner, it had a pool and a large square footage. "Looks good." Luke said, his voice was deeper and his accent was hot. Dinner ended and we were told to go back to the hemmings.

Luke got in my car and directed me home. "So you surf?" Luke asked. "Ya, I've won a few championships." I stated, turning left. "Wow." He replied. "Do you?" I asked. "A little, I play more music that anything." He said. "Sweet!" I replied. I got to know Luke a little better, he seemed nice. He was 17, played in band and played guitar and a few other instruments, and that he was really good at math.

We got home around 6:30, and the house we arrived at was relatively big, white boards and a small garage. I walked inside with Luke, putting my board by the door. "This is really nice." I said looking around. He nodded. He gave me a tour. "Luke!" We heard Liz call. Him and I walked downstairs. "Yes?" he asked sweetly, "mommas boy". I thought to myself. "Take these blankets upstairs, Paisley will need them." She said handing the items to him. "Where do I put them exactly?" He asked, staring at the stack of blankets.

"Your room. Your sharing your room."

A/N

Oh snap!