~Chapter Seventeen~

Luke's POV:
I heard her rustle around loads until she finally got up, my body felt empty without her near me. I became used to our routine of waking up in each other's arms and despite the action be accidental, I didn't argue when our body's wound up together when the morning came. I kept my eyes shut, feeling weak and unable to move. The limited light still felt harsh and my brain acted as if it had been hungover, my head pounded and chills would randomly take over my body. I heard Paisley shift and come closer to me. "What's wrong?" she asked, pulling the small fleece upon my shoulder. I tried to talk but my mouth was so dry, I swiped my tongue across my lips. "Nothing, just tired." I replied. She looked at me with concerned eyes, they darted from my eyes to my shoulder. "Do you need anything?" She said. I nodded no but she saw through the act, and screamed for Apex to bring water. After hours of waiting, water was delivered with a small meal, the size to feed one of us. She made me eat as much as I could and only took a small amount for herself despite my displeasure. We sat in the dark, exchanging few words until the lights went red.

PAISLEYS POV:
Sirens went off the way they did when the boys originally broke into the Devils Den, men ran from corridors and locks clicked as the sirens pushed on. After a few minutes, the power cut and everything went silent, no fighting or sirens, just silence. I unconsciously moved myself towards Luke, fearing what might happen next. Through the dark, the cage door released, proving to us they were electronically controlled. Luke and I stood to our feet, although his rising was much slower, I wrapped my arm around him to support his body and we tried to maneuver through the empty hall. My fingers ran across cold concrete walls, feeling groves in every few steps, I gripped Luke's torso harder than I meant, but our close proximity made me feel safe. We reached the Cafeteria doors and I hesitated to push, everything remained silent before my hand connected with the metal handle. From behind, our mouths were covered and we were dragged back, I heard a deep groan from Luke as the figure must've touched his shoulder, I tried to wriggle out of the grip but I could not despite my efforts, i was not strong enough. A soft voice filled my ear, "Its me, relax." it spoke. Taking a moment to register, I realized the voice came from Calum, who had released his tight grip and let me walk beside him with support. As fine as I felt sitting, the same did not go for standing, my vision blurred from the moment I stood up and my head spun a mile a minute. The dehydration and hunger got to me through what seemed like forever although it was only 4 days. Suddenly a bright light shown into my eyes and I squinted them open. Calum put me over his shoulder and ran to the car. "Where's Luke?" I said as we ran. "He's coming, they took a different route." Calum replied. The driver was not a man I knew but I later saw Ashton and Micheal carry out Luke. The car aggressively swerved towards the direction of the others and they put Luke beside me and jumped in as the car started to move. Shots fired behind us, shattering the back window. "Drive! Drive! Drive!" Calum screamed in a dominant voice.  "Let's go!" Ashton exclaimed looking behind us. The car drifted to the paved road and began picking up speeds I'd never experienced, reaching 100 mph, in seconds. The driver never let off the acceleration and Michael cheered in excitement. "We need to go to a hospital." I weakly spoke. The driver turned onto a main road to get us there. My hand found it's way to Luke's hair and rubbed it from his eyes. His head laid on my lap as we sat on the floor of the car. I ran my fingers through his blonde curls and he fluttered his eyes open. Relief flooded his face as he reached up his hand to mine. "You're okay?" He smiled weakly. "Yes, we're okay." I replied, smiling. He gripped my hand with the little strength he could muster. "Just relax, don't move." I said, running my hands in his hair again.

We arrived at the hospital and they assessed Luke and I immediately. We got put in beds in the same room, but I couldn't remember much of what anyone said as I kept going in and out of consciousness. Before my eyes closed I heard the doctor say, "I don't know how he's alive." and from there my eyes shut, making everything quiet, everything black, the way it was in the cell.

A/N
I'm sorry, I was gonna add more to this chapter but that last sentence sounded really good. I'll hopefully get an update in tomorrow, stay safe everyone! :)
🖤🖤