THREE

Your tongue clicked with annoyance, eyeing the boy who stood before you. His smirk high in victory like he just won the grand prize at an eating competition.

You shifted your expression, giving the male a judgmental glance at him before turning away and helping Sunmi like he wasn't even there.

You shouldn't give him the attention that he wants. It'll only cause more trouble. But on the contrary, anyone who walked through those doors, were considered customers. Whether you hate them or not.

He gave a huff, calling out to you to grab your attention. "Yah, Y/n. Don't ignore me." He spat, seeing you had no reaction, whatsoever, to his calling.

Silence was all that was returned. He had to think of something, and something quick to grasp you from the books in your hands to his figure.

"Y/n~ How would you feel if I told the whole school you worked here?"

It was like those were the magic words the god mother would use to help Cinderella to go to the ball. You whipped your head where the boy stood, a venomous glare sparking in your e/c eyes.

"You wouldn't dare." You stated harshly, showing him you had no intention of wanting a conversation with the boy.

He gave you his signature smirk, him leaning onto the table to get a clear look at your face from up close.

"Oh, I wouldn't mind spilling your secret to the whole school." He whispered, watching as your body shifted to face the boy before your feet shuffled to him, a glare plastered upon your hateful glance that was noticeable to those who were to look your way.

"Just tell me what you want, or at least leave me alone. I don't want to deal with the shit that you're pulling on me." You crossed your arms together, your eyes set upon the boy but he only lifted his lips to grin even more.

"Go on a date with me-"

You knew what he was going to say, he was going to play you like he had with the girls in middle school and does with the girls in your current school. Yes, you two went to the same middle school, but Taehyung didn't start falling for you until the beginning of high school.

"No."

His eyes became cold, him setting the palms of his hands on the wooden table, allowing him to lean closer to where you stood.

"If you only came here to chit chat about your life and riches, please go away."

His smirk faltered, as he stood straight.

"Fine, I'll just go tell everyone about your job." He states boldly, watching to see any reaction from you. You hesitated for a second before giving your answer straight on.

"Who cares, I'll just go get another job." His eyes widened with amusement, before leaning on the table to where you were again.

"No matter how many times you switch your job, I'll just come sweeping in and finding you."

You gave a low chuckle, rolling your eyes along with it before giving the male a deadly glare.

"No matter how many times you try to find me, I won't fall for you." He gave a low and husky chuckle this time, leaning off the table.

"Just wait Y/n, you'll be surprised of how things turn around."

That was that, he turned and walked off from the desk.

Not even a second later, Sunmi rushes around the table corner before coming in front of you. "Are you okay? Is there anything I can do Y/n? Oh my god... I'm so sorry, I jinxed it didn't I?"

She mutters very fast as you soften your gaze. "It's fine. It was bound to happen anyways Sunmi. One way or another, he was going to find out I worked here. It just happened to be today of all times." You state as you take in a deep breath. "I shouldn't let it bother me though. I have a huge year ahead of me. This won't stop me."

She nods along as she looks towards where Taehyung had left.

"Now he won't stop coming here too..." She mutters in guilt as she bites her fingernails. "This is frustrating! When I tease you about him, I don't mean for this to happen."

You knew Sunmi had no bad intentions when bringing up Taehyung. Things just ended up going in the wrong direction.

This was going to become the longest year of your life.