EIGHT

You stood up sharply as you tried to knock some sense into yourself. Your face was already beat red as it was as you forced yourself to speak up. "You disgust me Taehyung. I hate you."

You turned away after grabbing your stuff as you sped off whilst hearing people began to murmur and whisper. It was already beginning to spread like wildfire. You were ready to get mobbed by people tomorrow when it crosses the whole school. You wouldn't even be surprised if it spread on the news. It was going to be everywhere.

What were you going to do if it reached your parents? Your friends? You groaned as you turned a corner and lowered yourself as you hid yourself from eyes. You could not believe yourself. You, liking Taehyung? You were just feeling agitated. It was getting in your head. You were going insane.

There was no way you liked Taehyung. And after saying that to him? That you hated him and he disgusted you? What was going on with your brain? You couldn't even speak straight. You lowered your head into your arms as you sighed heavily. What was he thinking at the moment?

──

"Sunmi," She peeked her head from the other end of the library shelf as she speaks up. "What happened now?" You sigh as you cross your arms. "So uhm... Well..." How were you supposed to bring that up again? It was not a normal conversation to have even after all the times you've reminded Sunmi that you despised Taehyung beyond belief.

She walks over to where you are as she grabs the book from the cart and places in on the shelf. "Something happened with Taehyung again?" You nod as she hums as she understands. "I told him I hated him and that he disgusted me." She raises her brows as she faces you. "Isn't that what you usually say though?" She questions as you nod before speaking up again. "Well the thing is, it was the face he made after I said that. I only had a glimpse of it but something about the way he looked is now making me feel guilty."

She places a hand to her chin as she faces you completely. "Y/n... Are you perhaps seconding guessing yourself with how you feel now? There would be no way you'd suddenly start to feel guilty after all the times you've rejected and pushed him away." You groan in frustration as you ruffle your hair.

"I don't even know anymore Sunmi! I should be happy if this would be the reason he'd start avoiding me, but now I just feel like I'm going crazy." You state as she pushes the cart away from you before grabbing your shoulders and catching your attention. "Alright, let's stop thinking about that now and let's go grab something to eat, shall we?"

You nod along as you both make your way to clock out of your shift for the night.

──

 "Taehyung, I think you may have pushed your luck a little to much there." His friend states calmly as they gather on the couch in their shared house. "You don't need to remind me. I know." His friend sighs as he gets up from the couch. "Taehyung, aren't you worried that your parents will hear about this? I know your mother wouldn't mind as much. I'm just worried what your father would do if he caught ears onto this matter. You know it's going to catch the news. I mean, you kissed her in front of like, half the school."

Taehyung groans as he stands up himself. "I'll handle the matter with my parents, please just leave this alone for now." He tries to calmly speak as he walks off and grabs his jacket. "I need to take a break. Let's go out to eat." His friends get up along with him as they all head out of the house.

──

As you and Sunmi sit at the table of the Subway near your place, you watch her closely as her expression changes drastically. "What now." You ask as you attempt to turn before she grabs your attention again. "Y/n! I was wondering, you said you'll be taking the exam course next week instead right? What would you be doing the week after since you're taking it earlier than the rest of the school?" She rambles as you raise your brow. 

"Honestly, I'm not sure, I'll probably end up just taking another course for the same subject after?" You raise your brow again as her eyes seem to be elsewhere. "Okay, what's going on." This time you turned towards one of the entrances of the restaurant and your eyes widen before you turn and attempt to lower and hide yourself, hitting your head against the table. "Ouch!" You groan as you rub your head, looking back to make sure you were actually seeing what you thought you saw.

There Taehyung was again, in-between his 6 other friends who seem to be looking for a place to sit. You immediately looked away as you shot a glare at Sunmi. "You piece of crap- You tried setting me up didn't you!" You whisper as she gasps before whispering back. "I didn't know they were coming here but okay maybe I tried to stall you just a bit-" Before she could finish, you kick her shins and attempt to crouch your way to the other end of the restaurant. "I can't believe you would do this to me after all we've been through. After I get away, you're getting it." You snap quietly as you slowly drag yourself below the tables corners.

She turns in her chair and grabs the edge of your collar before speaking. "Well Y/n this could be your time to talk with him though!" She tries to explain herself before you look back and glare. "No! You cannot make me go up and talk with him."

She bends down before speaking again. "Y/n! You will go up and speak with him!" She raises her voice a bit louder this time and you look around seeing as your catching the attention of other customers. "Sunmi you better lower your voice right now- I'm so sorry." You speak between Sunmi and the person next to you as you apologize.

"I am getting out of here right now!" You face her again as you slap her hand from your shirt.

On the other end of the place, one of the boys spot you. "Taehyung..." His friends voice reaches his ear as the boy looks over to his friend. "I don't know if it's the right timing or just coincidence, but..." As he motions to a certain location in the restaurant, Taehyung's eyes make contact with yours in just a split second before he watches you look away and start to run in the opposite direction.

Taehyung ruffles his hair before he faces his friend. 

"I'll be right back." He calmly states as he starts to make his way out of the restaurant.