Jungkook ♡ Web of Secrets | Spider-Man AU

Published: November 21, 2018
Rewritten: April 24, 2024

Word count: 2,760

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Red and blue flashed across the screen, the masked hero swinging from building to building with ease, his movements agile and practiced

Red and blue flashed across the screen, the masked hero swinging from building to building with ease, his movements agile and practiced. It was a clip from a day prior that had been recorded on a civilian's cellphone. They captured the beloved local superhero as he saved a group of people from an apartment complex that collapsed.

"Woah! Did you see that?" You gaped, gazing wide-eyed at the TV in awe. "Spider-Man is so cool."
"He sure is." Jungkook chuckled lightly from beside you, amused by your enthusiastic praises towards the masked man.
"I wonder what it's like to be a superhero." You wondered aloud, always imagining it to be fun and exciting.
"It's probably not as cool as you think it is."
"What makes you say that?" You inquired.
Jungkook shrugged. "Things aren't always as they seem, like with celebrities. Everyone wants to be famous but they don't know how miserable that life can be. People watch you all the time and treat you like an object."
"You're probably right." You hummed, the thought of being a superhero not sounding as flashy as it once was. "I wish I could meet him. Then I'd ask him about it."
"What if you're disappointed? What if he's not as amazing as you think he is?"
"Why would I be disappointed?"
"He could be a total diva. You know how some superheroes are. They think they're better than everyone else... egotistical and whatnot."
"Are you jealous or something?" You jeered.
"No. I'm definitely not jealous."
"Neither of us even know what he looks like so there's no reason for you to be jealous." You continued to tease him.
"I told you I'm not jealous. Besides, he's probably ugly." Jungkook snorted.
"Hey, don't be mean."
"I'm just saying. It's a possibility."
"I think he's probably hot."
Jungkook's head snapped towards you. "How can you be so sure?"
You gave a shrug. "I just have a feeling."
"What if he's ugly?"
"Doesn't matter. I still think he's cool."
Jungkook leaned back against the headboard of your bed. "Sounds like you have a crush on him or something."
You pursed your lips. "I have a crush, but not on him."
Jungkook's brows raised. "You do?"
"Mhm." You hummed.
"You never told me about it."
"I don't have to tell you everything."
"Who is he?"
"I'm not telling."
"Why not?"
"You might make fun of me for it."
"I would never do that." He denied.
"You're literally teasing me about finding Spider-Man intriguing."
"Fine. Keep your secrets." He crossed his arms over his broad chest, your eyes lingering for a moment too long before reluctantly tearing your gaze away.

The news had gone off and a daytime talk show was airing, not that it mattered, neither of you were really watching it anyway.

"So, what's this guy like?" Jungkook inquired after a few moments of silence. "Am I at least allowed to hear about him?"
"I suppose."
"Okay so tell me."
"Well, he's funny and always cracking jokes. He makes me laugh."
"I can make you laugh." He almost seemed jealous in the way he responded, his tone a little sharp.
"So can this guy."
"What else?"
"He's a bit of a dork sometimes, but I think it's charming."
Jungkook scoffed quietly.
"Are you jealous?"
"No. Why would I be?"
You fought back a grin. "No reason."