Initiation

The school day ended, and FP wandered through the empty hallway. It was the first time he hadn't gotten in trouble on the first day of school. He didn't know wether it was because he was caught up thinking about Alice smith or if he was trying to make a good impression. He was so happy that he had met her, in fact he now had a reason to go to school. Never in his life had he actually looked forward to going to school.

By the time he got home, it was already 6pm. He pulled up in front of his trailer and dragged himself inside. The trailer, as usual, was empty. There was nobody there as he lived there by himself. He threw his bag into the corner and flopped down onto the couch. He was so close to falling asleep when he realised he had somewhere to be. He sighed heavily and forced himself up, making his way to the door. He got into his truck and headed down towards the white wrym.

Upon recently turning 16, he joined a gang called the serpents. They were known to be criminals, but that's not why he joined. He joined them because he had nowhere else to go. His parents moved away a few years ago, and he was left with one family member. His abusive uncle, who from time to time paid him unfriendly visits. The serpents watched out for one another, and as his father was a former serpent, the serpents had to take him in.

Tonight the serpents had a meeting, and he was required to attend. He was dreading it because he knew his uncle would be there, and last time things didn't end too well.

He pulled up in front of the white wrym and hesitated before going inside. He finally gave in and tried to act cool about the situation. As soon as he walked in, he was greeted by a few of his friends and some of the older gang members. He scanned the crowd of people and sure enough his uncle was amongst everyone. He caught his eye and signalled for FP to follow him out.

"What the fuck are you even doing here you piece of shit!"

"In case you were unaware, I belong to the serpents now. What kind of person would I be if i didn't show up"

"You know what, I don't even give a fuck anymore! No wonder you're parents left you! You're weak and hopeless, don't forget that kid.  I don't want to deal with your nonsense anymore. Go fuck yourself!"

He finished his short lecture with a punch to FP's face and then his stomach.

FP wasn't sure what had caused his uncles sudden outburst. He hadn't done anything wrong. Tears of anger and frustration fell from his eyes. His nose was bleeding and he had to hold a hand over his stomach to stop the horrendous pain. He spent a few minutes outside trying to regain some confidence. He was part of a gang, and if anybody saw him like this, they would too think that he was weak and hopeless. He built up the strength to stand up and leaned against the wall.

Suddenly music blared from inside, and he immediately recognised the song but why was it being played? He was confused so he headed inside to see what was going on.

On the stage stood a girl, no older that 16. she was wearing black lingerie and was swaying her hips along to the music. She had her back turned to the audience so FP was unable to see who the girl was, but for some reason she seemed familiar.

I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart

The music hit the chorus and the girl turned around. FP's jaw dropped as he saw who it was. It was none other than Alice smith. She headed over to the pole and started dancing.

FP heard whistles coming from a group of older guys and he just stared at them in disgust. He suddenly felt so protective over the girl he had only known less than a day.

He felt bad for watching, but for some reason his eyes were glued to her. Not to her stunning body, but her face. Her striking blue eyes glistened against the reflection of the lights and her hair fell so perfectly.

The song came to an end and the crowd began cheering. FP noticed his uncle head up onto the stage and give Alice a serpent jacket. He hung it over her shoulders and proceeded to take the mic. He began talking and Alice headed off the stage.

He wanted to follow her so badly, even if it was just to figure out why she was here. He restrained himself although it didn't last very long as he saw a group of men follow her into a room behind the stage. He was over there in seconds.

Alice began getting dressed again but felt the presence of someone else in the room. She spun around to see three men crowding around her. They weren't there to do anything, they just wanted to play around and intimidate her.

„Guys it's not worth it, give her a break" said a voice out of nowhere.

All three spun around to find FP leaning against the door frame. Alice herself was a bit shocked and embarrassed to see FP there, knowing he probably watched the whole thing.

„And who the fuck are you?" one of the guys said approaching him.

„He's my boyfriend.." Alice started nodding at FP to go along with it.

„Yeah" he said proudly, walking over to Alice and placing an arm around her „and I suggest you back off"

The men sighed but nevertheless left the room without further discussion.

„Sorry about that"

„It's ok.. thankyou" she said politely before pulling a jumper over her head and doing her jeans up.

„So..." FP started, not knowing what to say „you.. uhm.. serpent?" he choked a little

„Yeah? Why, are you surprised jones?"

„More than surprised, you were great though"

She smiled at him happy to know he accepted her decision and wouldn't judge her.

"And I'm guessing you are also a member?"

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't" he replied

"So wh-"

She stopped talking as she took a closer look at FP. His eye was swollen and the blood was starting to crust on the rim of his nose. His eyes were red and he didn't look good.

"Jones?"

"Smith?"

"Care to explain what happened?"