Pop's

„Yeah, but first, let's get out of here" FP said, leading her outside.

They headed towards his truck and once they reached it, Alice leaned against it, FP standing opposite her.

"So.." she started but was interrupted by a car honking it's horn at them. FP turned around and saw a red car, flashlights on, standing in front of them.

"Fuck" Alice mumbled

FP couldn't quite make out who was in the car or why they were even here.

"Alice Susanna Smith! Get you're ass over here right now!" A voice yelled from inside the car. It was a deep, gruff voice, implying it was a man.

"I.. um.. I've gotta go. I'll see you around jones" Alice said before running over to the car.

She got inside and FP could hear her arguing with whoever as inside the car. Suddenly the car turned on it's engine and sped away.

FP was confused as to what happened. Who was that man, and what was his relationship with Alice?

This question kept him up throughout the night and even kept him thinking on his way to school the next day. He had become increasingly worried about Alice's situation, as the man was portraying similar behaviour to his abusive uncle.

He looked around the parking lot but couldn't see her. Maybe she was inside.

He headed to his first class, and as soon as he entered the room, she was the first thing he saw. She was sat right at the back of the room, and had her head ducked down. He tried calling her name but was cut off by the teacher, who had entered a few seconds after him.

"Forsythe, I don't want any of your nonsense in this class"

"Bit I was just-"

His attention turned to Alice who had lifted her head upon hearing his name. Her eyes were bloodshot and her cheeks were stained.

"No buts! Now sit down and stop causing commotion"

FP reluctantly sat down but it wasn't a matter of seconds before he turned his head to look at Alice. Her head was ducked down again and she was obviously not paying attention to anything the teacher was saying.

He was unable to get her attention throughout class, and in the last 10 minutes he was sent out for one of the most unnecessary reasons. The teachers loved to pick on him and get him into trouble so he wasn't even surprised. He waited until class was over and stood by the door waiting for her but she never came out. He looked inside the classroom and saw she was having a conversation with the teacher. It seemed like they were discussing quite an important matter, so FP decided to leave them to it. It was none of his business and he didn't want to invade her privacy.

He headed to his next class and the next time he saw her, she was with Hermione. He was with Fred and Mary, and they were sat at their usual spot. Hermione and Alice walked up to the table and took their seats, Hermione sitting down right next to Fred, and Alice opposite FP.

Hermione, Fred and Mary immediately got caught up in a conversation, while FP and Alice just sat there staring at each other. It was almost as if they were trying to communicate through their eyes. And it was working. She didn't look as bad as she did earlier that morning, but the pain was still visible. She studied his face trying to work out what he was thinking. He still had a cut on his cheek from the night before, which didn't go unnoticed by Alice. They got so caught up, hat they didn't even realise the conversation between the other three had stopped and they were all staring at them.

"Ahem" Hermione coughed, trying to get their attention.

Alice snapped out of her gaze and directed her attention towards the rest of the group.

"You good?"

"We're good" FP said, glancing over st Alice once again.

"Ok.. you guys up for pops tonight?"

"Sure" FP and Alice said in synergy

"Ok" Hermione laughed, realising that was kind of creepy. She didn't even bother asking Fred, because she knew he'd be there.

"Mary what about you?"

"I can't tonight.. sorry"

"Ok, looks like it's the four of us then"

Alice smiled and nodded.

"What time?"

"Let's say around 7?"

"Perfect"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

7: 13

"What's taking them so long?" Hermione muttered.

She was sitting next to Fred and growing more impatient. She was never one to be late and it was something that really annoyed her.

Suddenly they heard a large screech come from outside and saw a red car swerve around the corner. The car was unfamiliar and Fred and Hermione were both intrigued to see who it was.

A second vehicle turned the corner, and this time they both knew exactly who it was. The old truck parked in one of the many empty spots, and out stepped FP.

He got out of his truck and immediately recognised the red car which was parked in front of the diner. He looked closely and saw that it was indeed the car from the day before. The car door opened and Alice stepped out. She walked around to the other side of the car and the man inside grabbed her wrist and said something to her, although FP couldn't make out what. She yanked away her arm and shouted at the man, this time FP was able to make out what was being said.

"You know what? Fuck you!" She yelled and once again FP was surprised by her language. She turned her back and started walking away from the car.

"How dare you!" The man yelled back at her, but her response made FP chuckle. She held up her middle finger and didn't even bother tuning around.

The car started its engine and left the scene. FP quickly ran up to her.

"Hey smith?!" He shouted

"Jones" she said not even turning around

"What was that all about?"

"It doesn't matter"

"Yes it does"

"FP" she said turning around to look at him.

"Alice" he replied

"Now is not the time to talk about this, besides we're late"

"Ok, but please tell me what's going on? It's worrying me"

She laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder. She was happy to see that he genuinely cared about her.

"Don't worry. I'll tell you later, but first let's go and have some fun with our friends"

"Ok" he replied and they both headed into the diner.

Little did they know, Hermione and Fred had just watched the whole thing in amazement.

„You know, they'd make a really cute couple" Fred said

„Freddie, they've only known each other for like three days... come on"

He raised an eyebrow, knowing he wasn't wrong

"On other hand, I do see where you're coming from" she laughed.