Explaining to do

For a minute or so, there was silence. It wasn't awkward, but they both knew they had some explaining to do.

"So are you going to tell me what that was all about?" FP asked, breaking the silence. His voice was soft because he knew it  probably wouldn't be easy for her to talk about.

"Sure, but you have to tell me what was going on at the white wrym the other day"

"Ok"

"Okay.. so the real reason I moved to Riverdale is because of my dad. We used to live in Greendale with my mom, but we moved because my dad has 'unfinished business' here. My parents are separated, so I had the choice of staying or moving. They're both alcoholics, but the only difference is that my dad has a job. So.. here I am"

"Ok, but that doesn't explain what happened earlier"

Alice sighed. "What I didn't take into account is that when my mom isn't around, he can be abusive" she said, turning her head away to try and hide the fact that she was on the verge of tears.

"Alice..." FP said, reaching out and putting his hand on her shoulder.

She sniffed before turning around and facing him again. Her eyes were teary, but she was strong and tried her best to ignore it.

"Anyway, enough of me.. I wanna know more about you. What happened that night?"

"Ok then.. the guy I was having problems with was my uncle. He's abusive, but he's the only family I've got"

"So if you don't mind me asking, I mean, if it's ok? What happened to your parents?"

"It's ok. My parents left me when I was seven. They took my brother with them too."

"But why?"

"I don't even know. They left without warning me. We never had a great relationship anyways."

He still struggled to understand why his parents had left him, but it didn't bother him anymore.

"Well I think it's safe to say we both have pretty fucked up lives" Alice said smiling slightly.

Although she was right, FP couldn't help but smile. She always tried to make the best out of shitty situations. That's what he liked about her. She didn't judge him at all, and he felt like he could tell her anything.

"True" he replied. "I also wanted thank you for being so open with me"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I know what it's like, plus I've never really talked to anyone about my past before. Not to mention the fact that we've known each other for less than a week, yet it feels like so much longer"

"I have to admit, it does feel good to talk to someone about it. You're so understanding and I really appreciate that. Not gonna lie, it feels like I've known you for ages"

They both smiled and FP placed his hand on her shoulder. Their little moment was interrupted by pop coming over.

"Hey kids, I'm sorry but I'm closing up for the night"

"No problem Pop, here keep the change" FP said, giving pop a ten dollar bill.

"Thanks FP. Have a good night, I'll see you soon"

FP and Alice exited the building, waving Pop goodbye.

"Do you need a ride home?" FP asked, pointing at his truck.

"If you wouldn't mind" she said politely.

"Come on Smith, it's no problem"

"Ok then" she laughed, following him towards the truck.

They got in, put on the radio and sped off. The whole time, they either talked about school or sang along to songs.

Eventually, after around 10 minutes, they entered the trailer park.

"It's just down there" Alice said, pointing to a trailer.

"Oh, I live like thirty seconds away. Right over there" he replied, pointing in the other direction.

"What a coincidence" she laughed.

FP pulled up in front of her trailer and stopped the truck.

"This was fun. I know we were supposed to be with Hermione and Fred, but it was fun getting to know you more" FP said.

"I couldn't agree more. We should do this again sometime"

"Definitely. How about I pick you up before school tomorrow, say 7:30?"

"Sounds like a plan" she smiled, getting out of the truck. "Laters, Jones"

"See you Smith"

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I was on holiday and we had no WiFi, but I'll start posting more regularly now x