Your Bio Lab Partner's Life Probably Isn't Worth Your Soul

© 2017 Wattpad user Astroid owns the copyright to this story. Any Copyright infringement is strictly against the law. If this story appears on any other site/account, please notify the author immediately. Thank you.

                She wasn't stupid, not at all. But she did have the tendency to lack common sense. That was certainly what kept her standing there, staring at the devil himself as he sucked the soul out of her Bio lab partner right in the common room of their shared dormitory in the middle of the night.

                A scene that would have any normal person dashing in the opposite direction had her standing frozen, gaping. The worst thing was that half the reason she was so shocked was because the devil was an attractive young man. Well, she pretty much assumed he was the devil at this point.

               His looks were what had originally made her stop to eavesdrop on their conversation while she had been on her way to the bathroom. The man that was the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. He carried himself with the calm confidence of a hunter, and the reverberation of his voice made her skin tingle. She had stopped for just a moment to admire him.

             Then, she had heard their conversation. They spoke about selling souls and the price to pay. She thought it was some kind of joke, despite the morbid sincerity that passed between the two men. However, once the devil grabbed Sam's shirt and yanked him forward, she began to feel the urgency of this situation. When the devil opened Sam's mouth and sucked a bright blue light from the poor man, she realized definitively that it was not a joke and that the "handsome man" wasn't a man at all.

             Sam's voice was cut off and his expression morphed into a mask of pain. His face was rapidly draining color. Mira covered her mouth to prevent herself from making a sound. But when she moved, her wrist hit against the wall behind which she was hidden. Instantly, the devil stopped what he was doing and Sam fell on the floor.

              She had been so stupid not to have run by now. But as she tried to hide behind the wall, she couldn't help but remember the expression that had been on Sam's face. He hadn't looked like he'd been giving up his soul. He had looked like he was dying.

             She still had time to run, but that meant leaving Sam to possibly die. And perhaps she wouldn't even be able to escape at all. She couldn't bring herself to leave him like this. 

                Naturally, she did something far stupider.

                "The power of Christ compels you!" she shouted, taking a huge step out of her hiding spot.

                Immediately, the soul sucking process stopped and two pairs of eyes flung to her- one confused, one annoyed.

                "Mira?" Sam asked, squinting at her like he couldn't believe his eyes.

                She was too shocked to answer, stunned silent by her own stupidity. She had been acting on instinct. And clearly her instinct only had horror movies to go off of. 

                The devil slowly moved his eyes away from her and glanced between the two, silently thoughtful. Then, after thinking for a moment, he waved toward the door Mira was standing in front of and it slammed shut behind her. She jumped, startled.

                Quiet settled in as Sam stared at Mira in distress, the devil looked increasingly irritated, and Mira's own thoughtlessness dawned on her.

                "The power of Christ compels you," she said again, more faintly this time.

                "Who is she?" the devil asked Sam, not taking his eyes off Mira. She shivered, something strange rising in her at the sound of his voice. His eyebrow quirked, almost as if he had sensed it.