Chapter one (cause I'm not original with my chapter titles)

"Let me speak with the owner of this place." A lady said crossly.
"Of course 'mam." Y/N sighed walking over to the kitchen. (Ok so imma be real for a quick second, I don't remember the name of the dude who owns Tibby's so I'm going with the real life owners name) "Mister Wheeler!" Y/N called.
"Yes?" Wheeler responded.
"There's a lady who's upset." Y/N sighed.
"Over what?" Wheeler asked annoyed.
"She's claiming there's hair in her food." Y/N answered.
Wheeler rolled his eyes. "I tried to calm her down, I swear!" Y/N quickly said.
"No don't worry, it's not your fault. I'll talk to her." Wheeler said rubbing his large nose.
Y/N sighed before getting back to work.
Working at Tibby's was hard for Y/N.
despite her father being completely against her working, she went ahead and started working anyways. Y/N was always kind of rebellious.
_________________
"When are they gonna get here?" Y/N asked.
"Any minute, you should probably get the glasses of water ready." Wheeler said.
Y/N nodded her head, going to the kitchen.
As Y/N was filling up the glasses when she heard the sound of boys running into the room.
Y/N tucked her h/c behind her ear before coming out of the kitchen with a tray that had glasses of water on them. "Here's one for you." Y/N said handing a water to one of the boys.
"Anyone ever tell ya, you is pretty?" Romeo asked flirting.
"Shut up." Y/N groaned.
After handing water to all the guys Y/N stood off to the side. "Well I'd say we started our strike in the most suspicious manor." One of the newsies said toasting the others.
"I don't know bout that. But we sure did scare the bijebers out of Weasel!" Another newsie spook up getting the rest to agree.
Y/N smiled. The newsies were her favourite part of her job. They never complained about the food or called for the owner. They were just grateful to be given water. Sure they did try to flirt with her, but it was really the least of her issues.
Someone else then walked into the room, a girl. Y/N didn't really care to be around anymore. She'd just get annoyed with all the flirting, the newsies were now her issue. "Wheeler, mind if I take my leave?" Y/N asked.
"Go right ahead, have a good night. Be safe." Wheeler said giving his goodbyes.
Y/N smiled grabbing her coat.
The air was a little chilly outside, but the sights of New York were something Y/N could never get tired of despite the weather.
"Well hello." Someone said.
Y/N looked around keeping her guard up, unsure who the individual was. Y/N then spotted young boy, only looked about a year older then her. Once Y/N eyes adjusted to the dark she could see it was newsie. "Evening."
Y/N smiled politely.
She didn't think this guy was a threat. "What's a pretty thing like you doin out so late?" The newsie asked.
"Just got off my shift." Y/N replied.
"Oh? Where ya work?" The newsie asked.
"Tibby's."
"Oh wait a minute youse dat goil who gives us our water sometimes." The newsie noticed.
"That's me." Y/N admittedly said.
"Names Racetrack Higgins. But youse can call me Race." Racetrack said holding out his hand.
Y/N smiled. "I'm F/N L/N."
Y/N shook Racetrack's hand. "Youse always this friendly with strangers?" Racetrack asked.
"I'm a waiter, it's my job. Plus I could ask you the same thing."
"Well I'm a newsie, it's also my job ta be friendly." Racetrack said pulling a unlit cigar out of his mouth.
"And right now it's my job ta make sure ya get home safely." Racetrack added.
"Hold on, what?" Y/N asked.
"It's dark out. I'd hate for somthin ta happen ta you. Ya seem nice." Racetrack explained.
Y/N put her hands on her hips of her f/c dress with a slightly judgemental look.
"Please?" Racetrack pleaded.
"Alright fine, but only until we reach a block away from my house, my father wouldn't be to happy to see a guy at his doorstep." Y/N gave in.
"Fair enough." Racetrack smiled locking elbows with Y/N.
The two walked together. Y/N kinda liked this Racetrack fellow. Not in a romantic way, just as in she thought he was interesting.
"So what were you guys talking about in the restaurant?" Y/N asked.
"A strike." Racetrack answered.
"What?" Y/N looked at Racetrack with a weird look.
Racetrack nodded his head. "Could you explain?" Y/N asked curiously.
"Sure. Ya see, as youse may know Pulitzer and Hertz owns all da newspapers in the whole city of New York. And for some reason they decided to jack up da price of papes by ten cents per ten papes." Racetrack explained.
"So you have to buy ten more papers just to earn the same as always?" Y/N asked.
Racetrack nodded his head. "Well that's stupid." Y/N huffed.
"Yeah, I mean it's not like we aren't already dirt poor. Anyways, so we thought about how unfair it was and decided ta go on strike." Racetrack said excitedly.
"Like the trolley workers." Y/N said realizing what they were doing.
"Exactly." Racetrack said snapping his fingers.
The two walked for a little bit longer until Y/N stopped them. "I can walk home from here."
"It's been a pleasure tawking ta ya." Racetrack said tipping his cap to Y/N.
"Same here." Y/N smiled.
"Have ya self a good night!" Racetrack called.
"You to!" Y/N called back walking away.
As Y/N walked to her house she thought to herself. You know I could get along with this guy.
Y/N walked inside her house and was met with a small Yorkie. "Hey Izzy." Y/N said petting the dog.
"Hi honey." Someone called from her living room.
"Hi dad." Y/N replied.
"How was work?" Y/N's dad asked while reading a book.
"Good." Y/N smiled.
Y/N yawned. "It's late I should probably head off to sleep, night." Y/N said walking over to her room.
"Goodnight." Her dad said.
Once Y/N had gotten her nightgown on, she noticed a piece of paper in her dress pocket.
Y/N carefully unfolded the paper, it read. "Sorry about the guys that flirt with you. Imma be honest we all flirt with you cause we know we have no change with ended up with a girl like you.
Racetrack."
Y/N smirked and thought Who exactly is this guy?
A/N so this chapter is trash, but whatever.
So hi! I'm the person writing this story! And you are the poor soul who is reading it. Thanks!
Oh also! I have a Crutchie x reader on my account also. It's called Your Pal, Crutchie. It's also done so yeah.
Anyways thanks for reading.
The Author.