Chapter 3

It was the next day, just after Y/N's shift. She had told her father that she was "hanging out with friends." Which in a small sense was wasn't entirely a lie, who knows maybe Y/N could become great friends with the newsies.
Y/N stood in front of a large building. This is the Lodging centre? It looks awful to live in.
Y/N thought to herself.
"So your Race's goil?" Someone said.
Y/N jumped a little. "Oh no, I'm not Race's girlfriend." Y/N defended.
"Yeah, sure." The newsie said letting Y/N enter the centre.
Everyone looked at Y/N, whispering things to each other. "Hey look it's Race's goil." Someone spook up.
"She ain't my goil." Racetrack shouted back.
"Then who is she?" A newsie close to Racetrack asked.
"Jus a friend. Ain't nothin wrong with having a friend over, is there?"
"But why invite her over to the centre?"
Someone asked, in a very suggestive tone.
"Romeo I'm gonna break ya neck if ya don't shut up." Racetrack yelled turning to a short newsie.
The newsie called Romeo backed up a little. "Look I's jus thought she was a nice goil and I wanted you all ta meet her." Racetrack explained.
Y/N chuckled a little. "Thanks for the clarification. To be honest I'm just curious about the strike, care to explain? I mean I know the reason why you are all striking, but more so the details." Y/N said sitting herself down on a near by chair.
"Are you a reporter to?" Jack asked.
Jack Kelly was the only newsies other then Racetrack that she knew by name, honestly if you were around the newsies, you knew who Jack was.
"No, I'm just the waitress from Tibby's." Y/N explained.
Jack nodded his head.
The rest of the night was spent talking with the newsies. Y/N quite enjoyed talking to the newsies. After awhile they all played a little poker before Y/N left.
"I'm so sorry for da guys manners." Racetrack apologized.
"It's fine. You know you guys aren't that bad, you're actually a fun bunch to be around."
"Yeah." Racetrack chuckled quietly.
"See you around." Y/N smiled before walking off.
Racetrack stood alone as he watched Y/N walk away. "Youse like her don't ya?" Racetrack's friend Albert teased.
"Shut up." Racetrack said pushing Albert away.
"But you do, am I wrong?" Albert nagged.
"More, less." Racetrack admitted.
Albert shot Racetrack a unconvinced look.
"Ok, maybe I's do, but only a little." Racetrack said correcting himself.
"Whatever you says." Albert said still unconvinced, walking away.
Racetrack still alone, to think to himself. Your not in love Race, that's a lie. You've only just met her. Racetrack told himself.
Maybe.
A/N Hey! So I'm not dead, I've just been very busy and tired, sorry. Also sort this chapter is trash and short but thanks for reading.
The Author