Chapter 4

Racetrack sat on his bunk, thinking. Specifically Y/N. Racetrack seriously started to wonder if he was falling for her. It wasn't until Albert pocked Race on the shoulder did he snap back to reality. "Ya thinking bout her aren't ya?" Albert asked.
"W-who?" Race stammered.
Albert rolled his eyes. "Y/N ya nim wit."
"Yeah I guess I was." Race said quietly with a little blush on his cheeks.
"What makes ya think she's so special? Like why do ya like her?" Albert asked.
"I don't like her." Race defended.
"Yeah, ok, sure. And I'm not a dude, don't lie ta my face Race. It's as clear as day dat you like
Y/N, so fess up. Why ya like her." Albert said quite directly.
Race paused to think about what to say. He also started to fiddle with his fingers. "Well she's nice. She has beautiful e/c eyes and pretty h/c hair. She's jus great in so many ways. She doesn't judge me or think I'm weird, she jus treats me like a normal guy. I know she doesn't like me, but still."
Racetrack was quite red at this point, he didn't think a individual could make him feel like that, but he was wrong.
Albert smiled and got off Race's bunk and put on a shirt over top his trousers. Albert started to walk towards the door. "Where ya going?" Race asked.
"Ta tell Y/N what ya said." Albert joked.
"You wouldn't!" Race shrieked voice cracking.
Albert laughed as he ran out of the room with Race following behind.
                    _______________
"Two orders of lasagna with garlic bread!" Y/N yelled to the cooks.
"Here's three orders." One of the cooks said pointing to three plates on a near by counter. Y/N put them on to her platter as she went back out to serve them to the hungry people.
Y/N was glad that it was Friday, Y/N didn't have to work on the weekends. Sure maybe that was because Wheeler liked Y/N so much, but she didn't care.
Once Y/N's shift was over she headed out, as she walked along the sidewalk she was stopped, but it wasn't Racetrack this time. "Can I help you?" Y/N asked looking at the boy that stood in front of her.
"Yeah ya can actually. Names Albert." Albert said holding out his hand.
Y/N shook his hand. "What do you need help with?" She asked.
"What do ya think of Race?" Albert asked.
"Race?"
"Yeah Racetrack Higgins, don't act like ya don't know."
Geez, pushy. Y/N thought.
"Well he's a nice guy if that's what your asking." Y/N said.
"No. What I'm asking is what do ya think of him."
"I'm not sure I get it." Y/N said
Albert sighed. "Like in your eyes how do ya see him? Like friend, or acquaintance or anything else."
Y/N stopped to think. "I guess I'd consider him a friend."
"Would you ever want something more then that?" Albert asked.
"Why are you being so pushy?" Y/N asked.
There was a short pause before Albert answered. "I'm gonna be honest. I's think dat you and Race would be a good couple." Albert answered.
Y/N choked on her own spit. "Look as great a couple you may think we'd be there is no way we could be a thing." Y/N said trying to walk away.
"Oh yeah? Why's dat? To embarrassing ta be with a poor guy?" Albert asked judgmental.
Y/N turned around. "No, I could care less about money. It's my father who cares." Y/N defended.
"Ya fathda?"
"Yes. He wants me to marry some rich boy in London who I've never met." Y/N sighed.
"Personally I don't want to. I'd rather date one of you newsie then some uptight boy." Y/N added.
"Guessing ya fathda ain't to happy with ya hanging around us." Albert said.
"Pfft, he doesn't know. And I'd like to keep it that way. But to answer your question, I'd rather date Race then that stupid English boy." Y/N said walking away.
It was sadly true. Y/N father was someone with high hopes for her. He wanted her to marry rich so that she could live comfortably. It was all with the best intentions, but it wasn't something Y/N wanted. Y/N was something of a rebel, she liked to live a little on edge, the. domestic life wasn't quite her style.
Y/N then thought back to what Albert had asked her. How did she actually view Race? Sure they were friends, but did she ever think that they could be anything more then that?
Y/N didn't want to dwell on the thought to much, it hurt her brain to think about things like that.
But still the question remained. Did she see Race as something more then a friend?
A/N I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile I had exams and stuff, but I'm back and I have a whole summer to do this, kinda. I have stuff going on, but I have more time now.
Thanks for reading
The Author