Chapter 6

A/N I apologize in advance this chapter is trash. Enjoy.
It was just after Y/N's shift. She stepped inside her house to be met with her father standing in front of her. "You have some explaining to do young lady, sit down." Y/N's father said quite coldly.
Y/N made her way to the living room and sat down on a chair. Her father sat down their white love seat couch. "Just yesterday I got news from your friend, Veronica-"
"Veronica isn't my friend anymore." Y/N cut off her father.
"Ok then, I got news from Veronica that she saw you hanging around the newsboys." Y/N's dad continued.
"Yeah so?" Y/N said.
"So, why were you hanging around a bunch of old, dumpy boys without a nickel to their names."
"Hey you don't have to go being insulating. They got nickels."
Y/N's dad rolled his eyes. "Why would you lie to me?" He asked.
"Lie to you about what?" Y/N asked.
"You said you were hanging out with friends."
"I didn't lie to you. The newsies are my friends." Y/N said.
"They're your friends." Y/N mumbled under his breath, standing up.
"They are. Is there a problem with that?"
"I expect more out of you." Y/N father said sternly.
"How is this a problem?" Y/N asked feeling anger building up inside her.
"You shouldn't be associating yourself with poor boys, you need to be around people of higher rank, plus they're probably on the streets because of drugs and alcohol."
"That is not true!" Y/N yelled standing up.
"Don't you yell at me young lady." Y/N's father snapped back.
Y/N tensed up a little. "All those boys are orphans aside from two, but even then the two of them are the most sweet, innocent boys ever. All those boys are kind and sweet. It's cruel to make accusations like that." Y/N defended.
"Look just know I expect more from you."
Y/N's father finished.
In a fit of rage stormed off to her room. Y/N fell on her bed. She was to angry to do anything else, so she fell asleep.
Y/N didn't visit the centre for two days, her father made sure she didn't. But on The third day she had to visit the centre on account of some news. Y/N run into the centre to see a bunch of glum looking, bruised up boys. "I came as soon as I heard." Y/N said.
Y/N looked around the room. "What happened exactly?" She asked.
"Da cops came and beat us up real good. They took Crutchie away to." Race explained.
"That's awful." Y/N said sorrowfully.
Y/N looked closer at Race to see his cuts and bruises. "But your cuts are pretty bad to. You haven't cleaned them, they'll get infected."
"It's fine. Ya don't need ta worry bout 'em." Race defended.
"No, they need to be cleaned." Y/N shot back.
"Look I's need ta go sell papes-"
"Your on strike Race, you can't sell papers. Look just let me clean them for you ok?" Y/N said.
The guys all smiled at the two. "We'll leave you two be." Albert said kind of mockingly.
All of the guys left the building, leaving Y/N and Race alone. Y/N rolled her eyes. "Do you have any water and towels?" Y/N asked.
"Ah, y-yeah, jus over there." Race said pointing in the direction of a pale of water with a towel beside it. Y/N grabbed it and brought it over to Race. Race sat down on a chair behind him.
Y/N started to clean Race's arm. It had a deep gash on it, right at the shoulder. "What on earth happened?" Y/N asked.
"I jus hit da ground pretty hard is all." Race responded turning a little pink.
Y/N grabbed the piece of cloth Race used as a bandage and wrapped it around is arm. Y/N proceeded to clean the other cuts on Race's face and arms. Y/N noticed that Race had a black eye. She soaked the towel in the water and gave it to Race to use as a "ice pack." "So why ya helping me?" Race asked.
"I don't know." Y/N quickly lied.
Truth was she liked being around Racetrack, but she didn't want him catching on to her feelings. "Hey can ya move c-closer?" Race asked.
"What for?" Y/N asked.
"I's need ya ta check, I think there's a cut on my cheek but I can't tell." Race explained.
Y/N moved closer and examined Race's face. "Well it's nothing I haven't-" Y/N was cut off by Race kissing her on the lips.
It only took a couple seconds for Race to pull away. Y/N covered her mouth. "Ahh, Y/N I-I'm so sorr-"
"NoitsfineIdidn'tmindit."
"What?" Race asked.
"Y-your a good kisser." Y/N blushed.
There was a long pause of awkward silence.
"Well I'd best be going." Y/N finally said.
"Hold on!" Race yelled grabbing Y/N'a wrist.
Y/N turned around. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but do ya want ta make it official?" Race asked.
"Make what official?" Y/N asked.
"Us?"
Y/N didn't know what to say. "I-I can't." Y/N said, braking free of Race's grip.
"Oh yeah, why?" Race questioned.
"My father." Y/N admitted.
"What bout ya fathda?"
"He wouldn't approve of you. Not to mention I'm supposed to marry some rich boy in London."
"Your engaged?" Race asked shocked.
"No, no, no! I'm not engaged. But my father has plans to change that."
Race quietly sighed. "Believe me, it's not like I want that. I want nothing to do with that London boy. I-I'd much rather be with you but I can't."
"Then why don't we's change dat." Race mentioned.
"I can't Race, my fathers orders are final no matter what I wish." Y/N yelled.
There was a moment of silence, before Race spook up
"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide. I know you want me. So don't keep saying our hands are tied. You claim it's not it the cards, but fate is pulling you miles away and out of reach from me. But your here in my heart. So who can stop you if I decided that your my destiny. What if we rewrite the stars. Say you were made to be mine. Nothing could keep us apart, you'd be the one I was meant to find. It's up to you, it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. What if we rewrite the stars, say that the world can be ours. Tonight."
Y/N stopped and chuckled.
"You think it's easy. You think I don't want to run to you, but they're are mountains and there are doors that we can't walk through. I know your wondering why, cause were able to be just you and me, within these walls. But when we go outside your going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all. No one can rewrite the stars. How can you say you'll be me mine? Everything keeps us apart and I'm not the one you were meant to find. It's not up to you, it's not up to me. When everyone tells us what we can be. How can we rewrite the stars, say that the world can be ours. Tonight."
Race then chimed in with Y/N as they started to dance around the room.
"All I want is to fly with you. All I want is to fall with you. So just give me all of you."
"It feels impossible."
"It's not impossible."
"Is it impossible?"
"Say that it's possible!"
"How do we rewrite the stars? Say you were made to be mine? Nothing can keep us apart. Cause you are the one I was meant to find. It's up to you and it's up to me. No one can say what we get to be. So why don't we rewrite the stars, changing the world to be ours."
Y/N parted ways with Race saying.
"You know I want you. It's not a secret I try to hide, but I can't have you. We're bound to brake and my hands. Are tied."
Y/N walked out of the building leaving Racetrack alone.
A/N sorry this chapters trash but thanks for reading.
The Author.