Blue Boy

<FOUR YEARS LATER>

I rubbed my eyes softly with my chubby hands as I sat up. I've gotten used to living with the boys each one call me different names most of them 'Little buddy' or 'Blue boy'.

Anyway, I stood up swaying slightly as I gained my balance and started to shake on the bed sides. After a few minutes the one with no eyes who I've learnt name is Tom walked into the room and picked me up.

"You okay little buddy?" I nodded and pointed to the door. I don't really talk much as I know anyway. Tom then walked out of the room with me in his arms.

"You want to get something to eat?" I nodded and he brought me to the kitchen slowly setting me on the counter as he opened the fridge and pulled out what looked to be a blue yogurt.

"You eat this then get ready for playgroup okay?" I nodded and started eating the yogurt slowly and not getting any on me.

After I finished I toddled over to the bin and placed it in before returning to my room. I pulled one of the tall drawers out and grabbed a long blue hoodie, grey shorts and some blue shoes.

I looked down at my blue one piece and unbuttoned the buttons before pulling on my shorts and then my hoodie over the top. My hoodie nearly went over my shorts but I kept it on anyway. I then forced my shoes on and walked back to Tom.

"Are you ready kid?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand before pulling me outside and into the cold streets. "Be a good kid okay?" I nodded put my empty hand in my pocket and clutched onto the pencil sharpener.

Tom brought me to the playgroup thing and signed me in before leaving me with the other kids. As a teacher approached em I put both my hands in my pocket holding the sharpener and a coin. "Are you okay Blue?"

I nodded. "Are you sure?" I nodded again. "Bwthroom." She smiled and held my hand bringing me to the bathroom and stood outside. "Are you okay by yourself?" I nodded and walked in and locked the door.

I stood on the stool in front of the mirror and took out the sharpener with the coin. I slowly twisted the coin above the screw loosening it. I continued until the blade came out.

I rolled up one of my sleeves and looked at my scars before taking the blade and swiping it across my wrist with the blood slowly dripping out. I continued until my wrist was covered with new cuts.

I cleaned the blade and and my wrist before screwing the blade back into the sharpener. I quickly jumped off the stool and flushed the toilet. I then unlocked the door and walked back to the main room with the teacher.

"Are you sure you're okay Blue?" I nodded and sat on the window ledge watching as rain droplets started to patter against the glass.

I heard the teacher speaking so I looked over to her and she was on the phone so I listened in. "Yes, Somethings wrong with your Blue."

She waited for a response as she spoke again. "Yes, it would be appreciated if you came and picked him up." She then put her phone down and I quickly looked back to the window.

"Blue, Tord is going to pick you up okay?" I softly nodded and kept my attention to the window. After a few minutes I felt a tap on my shoulder but I ignored it. "Blue it's Tord, I'm going to take you to my apartment okay?" I nodded and took his hand.