A Female Version of Johnnycake

Dally was in the hallway and he heard someone coming down the stairs.  He turned to see Johnny, with his jean jacket and black T-shirt, and the too-long bangs hanging in his eyes.  He turned back to searching for the keys for Buck's car, but then did a double take.  None of the guys knew where he lived.  He turned back to the stairs, horrified that Johnny, even if he was his friend, had found out where he lived.

        Dally let out a sigh of relief when, as the person emerged from the area at the top of the staircase that was always in shadows, he realized it was only his sister.  Wearing a jean jacket and black T-shirt, with her too-long brown bangs hanging in her eyes, looking almost exactly like a female version of Johnnycake.

        It was amazing how much alike those two were.  Dally even treated them the same, mostly.  He found himself yelling at Tara a little more than usual, though he only yelled at Johnny when he was really pissed off, but not at what Johnny'd done.  Usually at something that Dally himself had done.

        But he always, always, felt guilty afterwards.  Those two had a rougher life than him in technicality, but not quite literally.  Neither one of them had been thrown in jail too many times to count, but they had been severely mistreated by their parents and jumped by the damn Socs more than he had.  They didn't deserve to be yelled at.  Johnny couldn't handle it, and Tara, well, she could handle it, but she'd hate Dal for it afterwards.