Humans Can Lick Two

Note to Readers: This is part two of Humans Can Lick Too... and I liked how the other one ended, but of course they can't all die, or get murdered, so I suppose I should finish it with a different ending.

        Before they could all get murdered by the figure cloaked in black, in terror Darry, Two-Bit, Steve, Soda, Johnny and Pony ran for the door, but Ponyboy stopped short when he heard a noise coming from Tara's supposedly dead body.

        It sounded like laughing.  They hadn't seen Tara and Dally since they'd left the DX, but if Tara was hear, that probably meant that the 'killer' was Dally.

        "Wait!" Pony shouted after his friends, running out the door after them.  "Stop!  It's Tara and Dally," he shouted.

        "Are you crazy?  She's dead Pony!  That's not Dally, he wouldn't kill his own sister!" Soda shouted, still quickly heading away from the house.

        "We've gotta call the cops, the guy in there's a murderer!  He killed Tara, and now he's going to kill us if we don't get out of here!" Steve shouts.

        "No, that is Dally.  Tara's not dead, they were just trying to scare us," Pony explains.

        "What do you mean she's not dead? I saw all that blood...." Johnny said quietly, his voice shaking.

        "It was fake.  Come on, I can prove it.  Dally isn't even after us anymore," Pony says as he heads back into the house. 

        Everyone else hesitates a second before  cautiously following Ponyboy back into the house, because he was right, Dally, or the killer, hadn't come after them.  Ponyboy clicks the light on, and you could see Tara, on her feet, laughing and looking perfectly alive, in the hallway next to Dally, who had lowered the knife and pulled the hood down, revealing his long white blond hair.

        "Told you," Pony said with a sigh of relief, because it had been pretty scary to think that your girlfriend had been murdered by a killer hiding in the closet.

        "You assholes," Two-Bit said with a shake of his head, but he was grinning.

        "Is that real blood?" Johnny asked timidly, pointing to the front of Tara's shirt that was coated in red.

        Still trying to control her laughing, she replied, "No, it's paint.  That was hilarious, it worked so much better than I'd thought," she said with a grin.

        "Are you kidding me?  We thought you were dead!" Soda yelled at them, still upset.

        "We're great actors, aren't we?" Dally asked with a smirk.

        "Damn you," Darry said good-naturedly, smacking Dally on the back of the head.

        Johnny was still shaking, and Steve handed him a pack of cigarettes to calm him down as everyone headed back into the living room, keeping the lights on.

        "You seriously had me scared to death," Pony told Tara as he sat next to her on the couch, putting an arm around her shoulders to make sure she was alive and not dead as he had thought.

        "That was the point, but I figured at least one of you would be smart enough to figure it out," she replied with an almost evil smile.

        "I did eventually," Pony answered defensively, "at least before Steve called the cops," he added.

        "I've gotta give you credit, that was a good idea.  Not better than my scary story of course, but it was still pretty good," Two-Bit said with a grin.

        "Two-Bit, I'm pretty sure even the cheesiest horror movie is better than your scary story," Soda said.

        Two-Bit made a pouty face and complained, "That's mean, Sodapop," sounding just like a little kid.

        "Yeah, but please don't do that ever again," Johnny says quietly, glancing nervously at Tara and Dally.

        "Don't worry Johnnycake, next time we'll have you killed," Dally jokes, and Johnny gives him a that's-not-funny look.

        "If you're going to do it again, let me in on it!" Two-Bit says.

        "Yeah, me too," Steve says.

        "If we did that, it wouldn't pay anyways.  Neither one of you can keep your mouth's shut for more than a minute," Tara replied, and no one could argue with that.

        It was probably the scariest, and funniest, Halloween ever.