Punishment For.....A First Kiss?

I walked into the living room to see Johnny suddenly grabbing Kate from behind, wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her onto his lap.  She squealed in surprise and then giggled when Johnny gave her a kiss.

        I rolled my eyed and asked, annoyed, "Do you guys ever stop with that lovey-dovey crap?"

        "No," Kate replied with a grin, but before I could reply, someone grabbed me from behind.

        Ponyboy had wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me onto his lap just like Johnny had done to Kate, and obviously it was just to annoy me more.

        "Hey!" I shouted in surprise, pushing away from him, but he just smiles and tightens his grip around my middle, pinning my arms to my sides.

        "Pony!  Let me go!" I shouted, squirming in his grasp.  I could easily bring my knee up and ram it into his face, but that might break his nose and I'm not sure I want to be that mean to my boyfriend, so I resolved to trying to kick him which didn't really work.

        Everyone else was either laughing, at me, or not paying any attention and enthralled in whatever was on T.V.

        "Ponyboy, come on.  Knock if off and let me go," I said, trying to be nice so he'd actually listen to me.

        "Nope," he said with a grin and then added," You deserve it."

        "Why?  You're acting like I'm a two-year-old being punished," I replied, still trying to wiggle out of his grasp.  Ponyboy sure was a lot stronger than you'd think, but then again I wasn't fighting near as hard as I normally would.

        "You are being punished," Pony answered with a smirk.

        "What for?" I asked incredulously.

        "For being your usual smart-ass self," Dally said like it was the simplest answer in the world.

        I glared at him and swung my foot out to kick him, but the inside of my foot collided with the back of his knee with enough force to not do anything at all.  Mad that I'd missed, I kicked again, only to accidentally knock a lamp off the table.

        "Two-Bit!  What'd you do now?" Darry yelled and Two-Bit was adamant to point out that it wasn't him.

        "Tara did it!" he shouted defensively, pointing at me.

        Darry glanced at me sitting, or more so being restrained, on Pony's lap.  He gave us a look and then just shook his head and said, "You'd better not break anything else or you're paying for it," before disappearing into the kitchen again.

        "Really?" I asked Ponyboy. 

         I had given up struggling and was now just sitting on his lap like a little kid at Christmas.  It's not that my boyfriend was uncomfortable to sit on, it's just that he was all bone and muscle like most of the gang, his lap wasn't exactly soft.

        "Yep," Pony replied, seeming way to happy to have me sitting on his lap for the first time ever. "Five minutes," he said almost smugly.

        "What?" I asked, confused.

        "You sit here for five minutes without trying to kill me and I'll let you go," Pony said.

        I rolled my eyes and said, "You're probably the meanest boyfriend ever," but I stayed where I was. After a minute or two of silence, I asked, "Aren't I a little heavy to be sitting on you for five whole minutes?" trying to get out of this.

        It's not that I didn't like Pony, I did, a lot, but if you know me you know I have a thing with personal space and cramming two people into one armchair definitely crosses that boundary.

        "You can't be that heavy, I've carried you before," he answers matter-of-factly.

        "When?" I asked immediately, not remembering any time he'd had to carry me.

        "When you got jumped by the Socs," Pony replies.

        Oh yeah, that.  What was the count now, five times?

        "Okay," I gave in, "but I was unconscious almost every time so that doesn't count."

        "If you say so," he said, sounding like he didn't really believe me.

        I watched the clock and the T.V. and as soon as it was one second past the five minute mark I literally jumped out of Ponyboy's lap, but he jumped up with me, and in a millisecond he was kissing me.  On the lips.  He never had kissed me on the lips before, and I was in shock at first but then I kissed him back before quickly pulling away.  I stared at him for a second but then broke into a grin as everyone started cheering.

        That was a pretty good first kiss for never having  imagine one before, however unromantic it may seem to Kate and half the other girls.