Easter At the Matthews = Disaster?

Note to Readers: Here's another one that's a little out of the ordinary, but I hope you like it.  Please comment and tell me what you think. (And sorry if Tara's dress isn't 60's style, but I tried.  I don't really like 60's style clothes, especially the dresses, so it had to be something that she would at least wear.) Oh, and it's out of order, this one is where Pony still had a major crush on Tara and they're not boyfriend and girlfriend yet.

        Tara and Dally walked into Two-Bit's house, Mrs. Matthews had invited them all over for an Easter dinner.  And Two-Bit had advised them that they better look nice or his mom would get upset, so they'd all followed his advice.

        Tara was wearing a light blue dress that went to just above her knees. It had off the shoulder sleeves made of a sheer flower patterned layer that was also over the skirt, a little lighter than the blue of the dress.  The smooth fitting top was plain, but there was a slightly darker broad blue silk ribbon around her waist, tied in the back, that separated the top half of the dress from the blue skirt, fitting nicely over her hips and loose around the legs.

        Her hair was down, like always, and she wasn't wearing any make-up, but she did have shoes that looked like ballet flats with a slight heel.

        Two-Bit, Soda and Steve all wolf-whistled when she walked in, and Pony noticed her cheeks get bright red as she stared down at the floor.  That was surprising, he'd never seen her get embarrassed before, but then again, none of them had ever seen Tara wear anything but jeans and a T-shirt or sweatshirt before.

        Dallas looked good too, he was actually wearing dress pants, his boots weren't covered in mud for once, and he had on a plain-colored button-up shirt.

          All the other guys were dressed similarly, and Two-Bit's ten-year-old kid sister was there too, her blond hair in ringlet curls and dressed in a sparkly white dress.

        Miss Matthews, wearing an apron over her nice Sunday dress, directed them to their seats and then rushed to get the biscuits out of the over.

        She was sitting at the head of the table, with Two-Bit's sister, Kayla, to her left, and Tara to Kayla's left.  Ponyboy and then Johnny were next to Tara, with Darry at the foot of the table.  To his left was Dally, then Steve and Soda, with Two-Bit on his mom's right.

        "Now that the food's all on the table, we need to say grace," Miss Matthews said, taking her seat.  They all folded their hands and bowed their heads, and Two-bit even remembered to take his elbows off the table, Soda and Steve following his example.

        After they said, "Amen," they all dug in, making polite conversation while they all ate Miss Matthews's delicious cooking.

        Kayla told them all how one of the boys in her class kept calling her greasy white trash, and she told him to knock it off or she'd have her big brother beat him up.  He didn't listen until one day when Two-Bit picked her up from school, and then he flipped him off and she never heard a word from him again.  Miss Matthews thought it was funny, Two-Bit middle fingering a fourth grader.

        Surprisingly, no one spilled anything on themselves, each other, or the table the whole meal, though Steve and Soda were smearing mashed potatoes on each other's faces.  They quit when Darry gave them a death stare.

        Kayla said that Tara looked pretty in her dress, but Tara contradicted, "No, I look dumb."

        "Actually, you look really pretty," Pony leaned over and said quietly.  She blushed again, staring down at her plate, but if that was from what Pony had said or the kissy lips that Soda was making, he couldn't tell.

        Then Two-Bit, having heard her 'dumb' comment, said, "You look better in that dress than anyone else here who isn't already wearing a dress," and at the thought of all the guys in dresses, everyone burst out laughing.

        When they were done eating, Miss Matthews brought out dessert.  "Have as much as you want," she said, setting down a chocolate cake that already had a piece missing (Two-Bit), and apple pie, and a cheesecake.  Within minutes the cake was gone, and then the last piece of apple pie and cheesecake disappeared at the same time.

        They insisted on helping her clean up, but Miss Matthews told them to all go outside, that her and Kayla could do it.  Two-Bit warned them that they'd better listen, cause his mom could not be budged once she made up her mind.

        So they all went outside and played football in the muddy yard, ruining their shoes and dress clothes but having the time of their lives.  It must've been a funny sight, seeing eight Greasers, all dressed up nice and splattered with mud, chasing after a football.

        The boys shoes were brown with caked on mud, their pants flecked with chunks of mud, and half them with huge patches of brown from getting tackled.  Tara, the only girl, had taken her shoes off, obviously, but her legs were brown up to her knees.

        When they all went home with trashed clothes and brown with mud, they'd had one of the best Easters ever, with or without going to church anyways.