;1;

There was always bike wheels on gravel roads. There was always shouts and cheers and dirty jokes. There was always burnt grass and stolen lighters. There was always adventures through the forest and late night meet-ups with flashlights. There was always video games and so much junk food they could never finish it.

Jaebum always wore a red hoodie.

Mark was always quiet.

Jackson always had a football in hand.

Jinyoung always brought a book in his backpack.

Youngjae always shouted at the top of his lungs when he spoke.

Bambam always had his bright yellow bike in tow.

Yugyeom always had a crush on Mina Myoui.

That was how things were. They spent their summers roaming the forest and the streets. Always together, never separated.

Still, Yugyeom always considered Bambam his best friend.

"Are you finally going to ask Mina out or are you going to pussy out again?"

Yugyeom snorted, covering his face with one hand. Youngjae's loud laugh echoed through the trees and it only made the boys laugh more.

"So?" Yugyeom felt a sharp elbow nudging him. "Are you gonna do it?"

Yugyeom turned around to face the short, skinny boy sitting on a rock next to him. He had a mischievous grin on his lips.

"Shut up, Bambam."

Jaebum groaned, a disappointed look on his face. "C'mon Yugyeom, you gotta do it eventually."

"Yeah, you've been fawning over her since kindergarten!", Jackson shouted. Yugyeom picked up a pebble and threw it at Jackson's head. The other boy dodged it and gasped, looking at Yugyeom with wide eyes. "You could have killed me!"

Mark scoffed, shoving Jackson's head forward. "Shut up, you crazy bisexual man."

"Gay ass", Jackson retorted. Jaebum rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"Why am I the only straight guy in this group?"

"Hey!", Yugyeom shouted. "I'm straight!"

"That's true", Jaebum replied. "Why are we the only straight guys in this group?"

The boys' laughs echoed through the forest, bouncing off the rocks and trees. Yugyeom gazed around at the green leaves and darkening sky above him, smiling to himself.

It was always sad when the summer ended.

They always spent their last summer day in the forest. They would ride their bikes and skateboards into the trees and mess around until dark. They had done it since they were young. It was tradition.

They always had the most fun in the summer. The summer was when they rode their bikes and skateboards around town, buying slushees at the run-down 7-11 and burning small piles of leaves on the elementary school playground with Jaebum's lighters.

Jackson would pull out his football and him, Jaebum, Mark, Bambam, and Yugyeom would play, tackling each other and ending up tangled together in a big pile. Jinyoung would sit under a tree and read while Youngjae put his earbuds in and hummed along to the music.

"Oh shit, we better get going."

The other boys groaned at Jaebum's announcement and he scowled. "What?"

"Don't be a party shitter, JB."

"What the hell is a party shitter?", Jaebum asked, standing up and picking up his bike.

"You", Jackson answered. Youngjae laughed uncontrollably at that while the other boys stood up and grabbed their bikes as well.

"Whatever, Jackson. We have school tomorrow", Jaebum replied. Mark hopped on the back of Jackson's bike, gripping his skateboard in his hands. Yugyeom did the same on Bambam's bike, holding his skateboard tightly as not to drop it.

"You ready, Yugs?", Bambam asked. Yugyeom gave him a quick thumbs up and the boys headed off into the trees once again.

Yugyeom watched the sky as Bambam pedaled through the forest. He could see the stars starting to appear one by one.

Sooner than they wanted, they broke through the trees and headed out onto the road. They passed by the houses, talking to each other and laughing.

Mark dropped Jackson off at his house first, then Jinyoung went to his. Jaebum waved goodbye to the other boys as he disappeared into his garage. Mark, Youngjae, Bambam, and Yugyeom all lived right next to each other.

Bambam stopped in front of Yugyeom's house. The two waved goodbye to Mark and Youngjae as they went inside their doors. Bambam turned to Yugyeom once they were gone, standing his bike up next to him.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow."

Yugyeom smiled and the two boys did their secret handshake, laughing at themselves. Bambam punched Yugyeom on the shoulder once before walking next door to his own house.

Yugyeom went inside his front door with one last glance at his best friend.

;;;
yo tis me back again with some quality yugbam content what's good gays

anyway, this fic is gonna be shorter chapters bc i'm lazy and i'm just doing this for fun. idk why i'm writing another yugbam fic when i have three other fics in my drafts and one that i haven't updated in for fucking ever but idrc

k bye gays