;7;

Yugyeom hovered over the boy sitting on the grass in front of him. He looked up, his dark eyes wide and questioning.

Yugyeom looked away, his face flushing with embarrassment. "I'm only playing with you because my mom said I have to."

He sat down next to Bambam in the grass, his arms crossed over his chest. Bambam smiled, the skin in the corners of his eyes crinkling cutely.

"You play?", Bambam asked, his accent heavy over the words. He held out a toy car, the one that he had been playing with the day he had met Bambam. Yugyeom gazed at it cautiously before taking it.

"Sure. And it's 'will you play?'", Yugyeom corrected. Bambam stared at him blankly. "Whatever", Yugyeom muttered. He rolled the car against the ground.

Bambam made a loud car sound and rolled his car against the ground wildly. He crashed his car into Yugyeom's with a loud bang and the other boy complained.

They continued playing until the sun went down and Bambam's mom came to get him.

;;;

Yugyeom woke up that morning with a feeling of disgust rooted deep in his stomach.

He didn't know why he felt disgust. Laying next to him was the girl he'd had a crush on for years, tucked under his blankets and still sleeping soundly. He gazed at her bare back, feeling his stomach twist.

He lurched out of bed, running to the bathroom as quick as possible. He leaned over the toilet, everything he'd eaten the day before coming out. He coughed after, wiping his mouth with a shaky hand and collapsing on the cold tile.

He was in only his boxers. His entire body shook and he covered his face with his hands, feeling tears burning in his eyes.

Why was he crying? Why was he so uncomfortable? Shouldn't he be happy?

Things hadn't gone how he had expected the night before.

After walking inside, Mina had connected her lips with his. He didn't know how to react, sinking into the kiss and letting her do the work. Somehow they had ended up in his room, on the bed. Somehow they had ended up...

Yugyeom remembered hating it. He had wanted to like it. He wanted to like it so bad. But for some reason he couldn't. He couldn't get into it like she had, he hadn't felt what he thought he would feel.

The kissing hadn't been so bad. He hadn't minded that part. But he hated the feeling of her long, painted nails on his back, the feeling of her silky hair brushing against his cheek, the feeling of her in general.

He sobbed, trying to cover his mouth with a hand and hoping Mina didn't wake up. He didn't want her to see him like this, laying on the floor of the bathroom and crying.

He liked Mina, he really did, he always had, but it hadn't been like he had expected.

Instead of pleasure, he had only felt disgust.

He tried controlling his breathing, taking long intakes of air. He felt his chest rise and fall, and his heart slowed to a normal speed. He had to calm down before Mina woke up.

What was he going to tell her? Would he tell her the truth?

He stood up, his legs shaking. He glanced at the toilet and scrunched his nose, quickly flushing it and brushing his teeth. He turned on the faucet and splashed his face with water.

He startled as he heard a light knocking on the bathroom door. He unlocked it and opened it just barely, peeking out at the girl standing in front of him.

She was wearing the same clothes she had worn last night, pink blush staining her cheeks. Yugyeom felt guilt settle deep inside him as he gazed at her.

"Hey, are you okay?", she asked. He gulped and opened the door more, embarrassed to be so exposed in front of her despite what had happened that night.

"I think I'm sick", Yugyeom whispered. Mina's eyes widened.

"Oh! Did you..." She trailed off, glancing in the bathroom.

Yugyeom nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty bad. It was probably the popcorn."

Mina bit her lip. "Well, hopefully I didn't catch it. Are you going to stay home from school?"

Yugyeom coughed, avoiding her gaze. "Yeah, I think so. Can you get there on your own?"

Mina smiled uneasily, waving it off. She could obviously tell something was wrong. "I'll just text Jihyo and she'll come pick me up."

Yugyeom hummed, still avoiding her gaze. Mina stepped forward, touching his hand lightly. Yugyeom jumped as if he had been shocked and Mina stared at him in confusion.

"Are you sure you're okay?", she asked, obvious worry in her voice. Yugyeom flushed and nodded.

"I'm fine."

Mina glanced at him one last time. "Alright...I've got to go but I'll text you after school, okay?"

Yugyeom gave her a thumbs up and smiled weakly. Mina headed out the front and Yugyeom slammed the bathroom door and collapsed back on the ground.

;;;
oh shit