;5;

"Can-can I play?"

The three little boys looked up, gazing at the new boy standing in front of them. Two of the boys looked to the third, as if asking permission from him.

The third boy, the oldest, smiled kindly. "Sure! I'm Mark." He pointed to one of the other boys, who had a wide smile. "That's Youngjae! And he's Yugyeom."

Mark pointed to the last boy. He was giving the stranger a dark glare and pouting.

"I don't want him to play with us!", Yugyeom complained. Youngjae furrowed his brows.

"Hey, that's not nice!"

Yugyeom crossed his arms over his chest. "I'm not playing if he's playing."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Okay. What's your name?"

He looked up at the new kid, smiling. The boy shuffled his feet and gazed at the ground shyly.

"My...name is-is Bambam", he answered. He spoke with a heavy accent and it seemed like he was struggling with his english. Mark cocked his head to the side.

"Where are you from?"

"Thailand!", Bambam answered confidently. Mark laughed.

"That's cool! We're playing cars, you can use Yugyeom's since he's not playing."

"Hey!", Yugyeom snapped. Mark grabbed the car out of Yugyeom's hands and handed it to Bambam.

Yugyeom immediately broke out in tears, running back to his empty house.

;;;

Yugyeom played with a string hanging from the end of his shirt nervously. His heart was banging against his chest and his breathing was abnormally fast.

He glanced up and saw Mina walking towards him with a shy smile on her face. Yugyeom immediately stood up straight, his face flushing.

"Hey, Yugyeom", Mina greeted as she stopped in front of the tall boy. Yugyeom smiled and nodded.

They were in the parking lot after school. Bambam had gotten a ride with Mark, so Yugyeom was going home alone.

"H-hi", Yugyeom replied. Mina stared at him, waiting for him to continue. He rubbed the back of his neck.

"S-so, there's something I wanted to ask you..."

Mina nodded, listening intently. Yugyeom gulped.

"Um, are-are you free later? Because, well, I was wondering if you wanted to go somewhere and do something, I don't know-"

"Yes, Yugyeom. I would love to", Mina interrupted. Yugyeom's face flushed and he stared down at the smiling girl.

"Really?", Yugyeom asked, a smile forming on his own lips. Mina nodded, giggling quietly.

"You're so cute", Mina said. Yugyeom's face burned bright red. Mina laughed. "This is a date, right? I just want to be sure."

Yugyeom nodded quickly. "Y-yeah, it is."

"Great." Mina glanced around Yugyeom at his car. "Could you drive me home? I think the girls already left me."

Yugyeom nodded, heading around the car to open the door for her. She got inside and thanked him quickly.

Yugyeom sat down in the drivers seat and turned the car on, backing out of his parking space and heading out of the parking lot. Mina held her backpack in her lap and gazed at Yugyeom.

"So, when is our date?"

Yugyeom chuckled nervously. "Um, whenever you want. I was thinking tonight, but if that doesn't work for you..."

"Tonight is great", Mina replied, smiling. Yugyeom ducked his head, feeling his heart flutter at the sight of her beautiful smile.

"What time will you pick me up?"

"Is 7 good?"

"Of course", Mina answered. She picked at a hole in her dark jeans. "What should I wear?"

Yugyeom cleared his throat. "Uh, I don't know. I was thinking of taking you to the movies, so..."

Mina grinned. "What movie?"

"What movie do you want to see?", Yugyeom asked, glancing over at her. She thought for a second, tapping her chin with a painted nail.

"Hmm, there's that new horror movie, we could go see that?"

Yugyeom bit his lip. Of course she wanted to see a horror movie, the only genre that Yugyeom didn't like. He nodded casually, trying not to show his distaste.

"Sure."

Mina smiled. Just then, Yugyeom pulled into her driveway. She quickly thanked him before running inside her front door excitedly. Yugyeom couldn't contain his smile, happy to see her so happy. He sighed and leaned back, rubbing his hands through his hair. He chuckled to himself, his face flushing.

He finally did it.

;;;
fuc u all i'm writing short chapters bc this is a side project and idgaf anymore