8.

A/N : Just watched Avengers : IW for the THIRD TIME AND ONCE AGAIN IT WAS AMAZING.

***

          I rolled onto my side, bringing my hand up to my chest to feel the area where the stab-wound was. The extremis had closed up the open flesh for the most part. My mind was still dizzy from the blood loss, but all in all I was pretty much fine.

           I don't recall how long I laid there, long enough to lose track of Vision and Wanda. It's all hopeless now. There's nothing we can do to stop Thanos. He took everyone, everyone I've ever loved. I ripped the iron gloves from my hands in utter anger, not thinking twice when I chucked both of them as far away from me as I could. They clattered against the hard ground dozens of feet away in the shadows.

           It's all over now. Those aliens are too strong for us. We don't have anywhere to turn. I closed my eyes and bowed my head, wrapping my arms around my stomach to hold myself together. The stone ground around me was splattered with my own blood. I think I'll just sit here and wait for Thanos to come

         The approaching tap of footsteps neared me, but my mind wouldn't allow me to process anything in that moment. I didn't notice the feet until they were right in front of me. They were dark combat boots, dirty and worn out from time. I stared at the shoes, figuring that it was probably the other aliens coming back to finish me off for good.

           The figure lowered itself to the ground beside me, holding out the two iron man gloves that I had thrown. I looked up to his face. His once blonde hair had faded to a dirty color, and a beard had grown all along his cheeks and chin, making him almost unrecognizable. His hair now reached his shoulders. The suit he wore was dark, and the white star on the chest was covered in black.

         It was him, he was here. The person that I thought I'd never be able to see again. It felt similar to a surreal dream. Or maybe I've fallen into a forgotten memory and he's there to greet me. The great Captain America himself.

I had so many things I wanted to say. I had a whole script to tell him in my mind, and I had practiced it over and over again for the small possible chance that I may see him again. He's sitting here, right in front of me. A gentle expression on his rugged face. My mind went completely blank in that moment as I looked between his blue eyes with a hint of green.

         The man I looked up to, admired with all my heart. I had met him at the age of twelve, became friends, partners. He never saw me as a child as everyone else did, he saw me as me. He worked with me, trained me, and considered me his friend. I gave up absolutely everything for him, to protect and defend what was right. I had loved him so much. Then he went away.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

          "You may need these" he told me, taking my hand and setting the gloves in them. My skin felt frozen, yet on fire "Are you hurt?" He asked, motioning to the tear in my shirt that exposed my healed skin. It's like I couldn't speak English. I had no idea what to say. This reminded me of the first time that Steve Rogers and I met on the SHIELD heli-carrier. I was too frightened to say anything to him then.

        He noticed my lack of words and nodded his head, giving a small chuckle "I know... I know, it's been some time"

          The iron gloves fell from my grasp and I leaned forward, wrapping my arms around him in a sudden hug that even took me by surprise. He didn't know how to react at first, but eventually relaxed and hugged me back. He placed his hand on the back of my head "I had given up hope" I cried softly, not being able to stop the tears "I didn't know what to do! H-he took my Dad away" I sobbed, my head burrowed into his shoulder.