13.

A/N: Not many chapters left on this first half of The Final Initiative story ! This part 1 will end when Infinity War ends, and then part 2 will unfortunately start up again when Infinity War pt.2 has dropped. It'll be awhile before I write for you guys again, I'll miss all of you during that time. Check out some of my other stories if they interest you, and feel free to message me about anything and everything, I love talking to you guys !

      Btw, does anyone have any predictions as to how this story (or Infinity War) will end ?

                                       ***

     The blue sky above our heads opened up in a kaleidoscope of colors. It was an all too familiar sight that sent a ray of hope shooting through me. Through the thick black cloud of alien beasts, three figures appeared like magic to join in on the battle. My tired eyes widened at what was to follow when the colorful lights cleared. He was here, he was alive. I knew it.

      Thor Odinson has returned fashionably late with two unfamiliar people at his side. Well, they weren't exactly people. One was a raccoon looking creature, and the other was what I can only describe as a tree with legs and a face. Thor certainly must have been busy while in space. The ground began to shake under his feet as he prepared his first attack.

      His newly redesigned hammer spun out as quick as lightning, strategically hitting the aliens that were attacking me from above. I covered my head, feeling their bodies being dismembered by the weapon.

      I slowly got to my feet, opening and closing my iron gloves that were sparking from the damage. This armor won't last that much longer now. I looked across the destroyed field and through the fight. The hammer returned back to Thor's palm as the lights faded completely.

Well I'll be a spiders girlfriend, Thor has officially arrived. He tightened his grip on the hammer and started to charge across the battle field at full speed. The tree creature and raccoon followed along side him "BRING ME THANOS!" he boomed like the God of Thunder should. This just might be the coolest thing I have ever seen in all my eighteen years.

The ground beneath my feet shook as Thor jumped up into the air. His eyes glowed white just like the Avatar from that awesome tv show. Lightning sprouted around him, bringing an enormous amount of power into his hammer. He rose up several feet in the air before slamming the weapon on the dirt. It send a shock wave through the ground. I stumbled around on my feet for a moment as an earthquake erupted.

It was a ripple of dirt and energy that expanded far across the field. Any alien creature within a fifty meter radius was immediately out for the count after Thor put his hammer down hard. I gave an impressed smile and punched the nearest alien in the jaw. It flew off to the side.

      The Raccoon flipped in the air and landed on an aliens head, it fired a machine gun into the head and killed it. Am I really seeing a fighting Raccoon? Although it certainly isn't the craziest thing I've ever come across "Welcome to earth" I greeted and angled my palms, firing plasma at the nearest creature "I swear, it's not always like this"

"I've seen worse" the Raccoon replied. And it talks...? Now that's pretty wild.

      "I'm Rocket" the Raccoon introduced between bullets, he nodded his head over to the walking tree a few feet away from him "That piece of bark over there is Groot"

      "I am Groot" (A/N: I have waited so long to type those three words) the tree waved, flashing a kind smile before shoving his tree arm violently into the chest of a creature.