17.

On the roof that same night, she picked up all of the shattered parts to the telescope and stuffed them inside the trash bag. All of her papers had already been swept away by the wind. She scanned her eyes around for any more broken metal parts before tying the end of the black bag together. She slung it over her good shoulder, her mind buzzing. Her eyes landed on the night sky one last time "Steve's right" she muttered to no one "He always is"

"I don't even know why I bother to argue with him anymore, I can't beat that" Jessi shrugged "Waiting for you to return won't get you home any quicker... if you're even still out there" she looked upon the former Stark Tower in the distance "I don't know how, but, I suddenly feel that this really isn't the end" she recalled holding the time stone in her pocket after Doctor Strange had secretly transferred it into her possession "Strange, you wouldn't have given me the stone for no reason. You had a plan, and you entrusted me. I lost the first round, but I won't fail you again..." she promised the Doctor.

      Twenty minutes later, she was closing a massive, double door behind her. A dark foyer laid empty in front as a gentle rain tapped against the circular, intricate window built towards the roof. If she remembers correctly, it's actually the symbol of the Vishanti. She tucked the bobby bin back inside her hair that she used to pick the lock, then proceeded to re-lock the handle "Wong?" She called out, her voice echoing around the walls "Anyone home?"

      The Sanctum Sanctorum was a being in of itself. It holds the most precious, and the most mystical artifacts to ever grace the planet. Rooms can change, portals to different parts of the globe exists here, and capes can fly just because they can. There are not that many who know of it's true power, not even Jessi knows about everything inside of here. Strange was always vague with his responses to her curious questions about his home.

      Getting to know Stephen Strange, also known as the Sorcerer Supreme, has certainly been one of the most interesting chapters of her life. Technically, he came to her first. He portaled her into the Sanctum and asked her for a favor, a favor that would change her life forever in such a short amount of time.

      She was introduced to magic, a true mystic art that's thousands upon thousands of years old. Abilities and tricks that she will never be able to fully comprehend. Tonight, nobody appeared to be here. Wong must be at Kamar-Taj, he visits the Sanctorum from time to time. Jessi slipped the trash bag off from her shoulder and set it by the front stairs. She sat on the first step and pulled out her notebook that was tucked under her arm, and clicked the purple pen in her other hand.

Strange,

She stopped right there, thinking of how the Doctor is probably dead, along with all of the others who went away. Or if just maybe he's still out there in space, he may never return home. Something in her chest told her to keep writing though, so she continued. The curves of her writing flowed lazily within the lined paper.

Sorry, I broke your telescope. More like I smashed it to pieces, but I had to get my frustration out somehow. I'm sure you will understand if you ever return.

Jessi looked down to the wooden floor, not knowing how to end the note.

I saw something in the stone that you gave me. Something that only you will understand. I'm afraid of it, and I'll admit it. I'm afraid of what's to come. Because I know that no matter what road we take, it will ultimately lead back to him. I've seen it. I feel so lost, and yet I know exactly what needs to be done. I just don't know if I can allow it happen.