25.

Natasha wrapped her in a warm hug as she entered the room. Her hair, half velvet, half blonde laid free across her shoulders. The former super spy didn't hesitate with the embrace. Jessi rested her chin on her shoulder, soaking in the hug "Stop not checking in. Even the Raccoon is better at it then you are" Nat patted her back before pulling away. Jessi tucked some short strands behind her ear and gave the Black Widow a shrug. Natasha noticed how skinny her face had gotten, the grey in her once bright blue eyes "Yikes, look at you. I think you need this peanut butter sandwich more than I do"

"I'm alright" she brushed it off, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets.

"How's the arm?" Natasha motioned.

Jessi raised her arm up slightly, giving it a roll to demonstrate how well it's healed since the incident five years ago. The scars are pretty horrific and poke out from the collar of her shirt, but the wound has been the least of her issues "Same as it was last time, ugly looking... speaking of ugly-"

"Yeah yeah before you say anything, I'm right here" Rocket entered the room with annoyance. Jessi chuckled at his tone.

"I'm assuming everything went well in the Gulf?" Nat turned back to her.

      "We caught those thugs, saved the weird looking fat cows in the water" Rocket replied "And this dope still can't play Uno" he nodded to Jessi.

"You are so annoying" she muttered in return.

"Go fish" he mocked. Instantly, Rocket and Jessi laughed at each other.

      Natasha and Steve shared an awkward glance "Are you guys like... friends?" Steve questioned with uncertainty at the banter between them.

"Eh"

Jessi walked across the room to the desk where Natasha had been sitting and sat down in one of the chairs. She tucked one leg against her chest and let the other hang free "Any news on um... any news on Clint?" She asked, already dreading the answer. His whereabouts were largely unknown. He goes from place to place, leaving a trail of blood behind him. Ever since the snap, he had gone rogue. Last she saw him was in the underwater prison all those years ago. She then had stayed with his family, Laura and her kids, while she was on the run.

"Unfortunately yes" Natasha replied, her voice dropping as she plopped down in the desk chair across from Jessi "Mexico. Rhodey called it in. It doesn't look good down there"

"So what do we do?" Jessi asked, her elbow resting against her bent knee.

"Nothing"

"Nothing?" Jessi head snapped back softly as her eyes narrowed. Nat understood her distaste. The Widow shot Steve Rogers a quick look as he stood behind with his arms crossed "What, do we continue to let him hurt people? Kill people?" She kept firing the questions. Natasha rubbed her eyes "Nat, I don't think that's a good idea. I think we need to go to him, to confront him. To put in end to it"

"In time" she agreed.

"We need to find out where's he's going next-"

"We aren't doing anything..." Natasha cut her off, her voice raising in the slightest. It was enough to make Jessi back down. She sunk back down in the chair, fiddling with the beaded bracelet on her wrist. Natasha decided to change the subject "How's Tony?"