Jungkook ♡ Web of Secrets | Spider-Man AU | Part 2

Published: November 21, 2018
Rewritten: April 24, 2024

Word count: 3,700

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

A huff of frustration passed through your clenched teeth as you pulled the car door shut and drove back home, not daring to look back

A huff of frustration passed through your clenched teeth as you pulled the car door shut and drove back home, not daring to look back. Your grip on the steering wheel was vice-like, squeezing the leather in an attempt to release some of the agitation searing through you.
Where could he have possibly needed to rush off to?

Upon returning home, you passed through the entryway and slammed the door in another attempt to blow off some steam before trudging down the hallway. Your shoes were kicked off and discarded somewhere in your room before dropping helplessly onto the bed, your face shoved into a pillow.
You didn't even care that Jungkook didn't figure out that he was your crush; you cared about the fact that he was always rushing off and ditching you without seeming to care. Apparently, wherever he needed to go was more important than you. It always is, after all.

Lifting your head, you glanced at the clock, seeing that it was just after 5 PM. There was no need wasting the remainder of the day wallowing in your sorrow and frustration. The longer you laid there, the higher your agitation rose. You needed to get some fresh air and try to calm down. Perhaps a nice walk would help clear your head as well.
Pushing yourself up off the mattress, you slipped your shoes back on and took to the streets, counting the cracks in the pavement as you walked, your mind racing a million miles an hour.
At that moment you were beyond angry with Jungkook, and rightfully so (in your opinion). This repetitive behavior of his was getting incredibly tiresome.

Jungkook wasn't always this way, not until a year ago. He often had somewhere to be, abruptly excusing himself and running off without much on an explanation. You didn't question it at first, but it could only happen so many times before you reached your limit. It started to become annoying after a few months and had you questioning where it was he was taking off to all the time.
The only reason you believe you'd endured it for so long is because you like him. Though at this point not even your feelings for him could prevent you from considering distancing yourself. Maybe that's what he needed.
If you stopped speaking to him and spending time with him for a while, maybe he'd realize that all this time he'd been slowly pushing you away.

The setting sun briefly pulled your focus back to your surroundings. You vaguely took note of the sky's colors shifting. The pale blue hue that painted the atmosphere turning from pastel orange and pink to a more vivid and striking tangelo and magenta.
It was at that moment, something that hadn't crossed your mind not once was brought to your attention.

Could it be that Jungkook was dating someone? That would explain why he rushed off so often.
Maybe he was sneaking off to see them in order to not upset you or make you feel like you were being replaced. Still, the both of you had been friends for five years. If he was dating someone, wouldn't he tell you?
Your stomach twisted at the thought of Jungkook dating someone else that wasn't you. It may be selfish, but neither you nor Jungkook had dated anyone since becoming friends and truthfully, you liked it that way because that meant you had a chance, even if it was a small one.
You released a grunt through clenched teeth and kicked a rock, sending it rolling across the pavement, a dull ache becoming present in your chest.
He's probably dating someone.
All the more reason for you to distance yourself from him. It's clear that you were just in the way.