Chapter 1

AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.

"Noooooo!" Shizu disappointedly closed the book she had just finished reading. "How can she live happily ever after with him?! She could have a happier ever after with Roan! Urgh! I have the second lead syndrome again!"

She looked at the calendar hanging on the wall.

January 30, 2017

Oh no! She suddenly remembered something. My fiancé is coming next week!

Yes. Fiancé. She was engaged to his childhood friend, Blake. It was arranged by their grandparents. Their grandfathers are business partners from different countries. Her grandfather was a Japanese tycoon and Blake's grandfather was a Korean businessman. They both had Filipina wives and it made their partnership stronger. They even decided to settle down in the Philippines and bought some properties in Cavite. They promised to officially bind their ties closer from business partners to a family through a marriage between their children but it became impossible when they both had sons. Lucky for them, my grandparents had one granddaughter. ME!

Blake became her friend ever since they were little. They had the same age and so their parents made them entered to the same school since Preschool. They knew about the engagement when they entered high school. Blake admitted that he fell in love with her when they were in high school. She thought she had felt the same way towards him so she just accepted her arranged future. They had always been together after all.

After the official announcement of their engagement on her 18th birthday, Blake had to go to America to finish his college degree. She was supposed to go with him but her family needed to go back to Japan to settle something regarding their family business.

Four years after, she and her older brother, Drew, decided to go back to the Philippines. Her brother started to manage their family's company in Manila while she decided to pursue her dream to become a novelist.

And now after three years, everything seemed to be perfect until she remembered about her arranged marriage. Their wedding was scheduled after her 26th birthday and Blake promised to return for her one year before the wedding.

She had really nothing against their wedding until she met Zeek.

Zeek! The second lead of my life!

Zeek was her big brother's best friend since college. He had also become Drew's business partner when they came back to the Philippines. She fell in love with him the moment she first saw him in front of their house looking for her brother. It happened when they were still in Japan. Drew was about to graduate in college while she was just a freshman.

It was a very perfect moment for her when their eyes met. He didn't look like a Japanese. He was very tall and had blue eyes. His blue eyes captivated her heart. His face was very serious, but it made him very manly just like how she imagined Apollo would look like when she studied the Greek mythology. She then later discovered that Zeek was half Greek and half Filipino.

She did everything to get Zeek's attention, but for some reasons, Zeek seemed to be annoyed with her. Still, she didn't stop loving... err...bothering him. She felt overjoyed when Zeek came with them when she and her brother went back to the Philippines. He even bought the house in front of theirs and became Drew's business partner. It gave her hope and she thought that he might someday have a happy ending with him. 

Until he introduced her girlfriend a year after they came back to the Philippines.

Urgh! Why oh why, my Zeek?!