Chapter 3

"DID YOU MISS ME, Shishi?"

She looked at Blake. They were having a dinner at Aristocrat. It had already been two days since Blake came back in the Philippines.

"I didn't." She rolled her eyes to emphasize her answer to him.

Blake chuckled. "You still haven't change, Shishi. Are you excited for our wedding?"

"Can you remind me again why I agreed on our arranged marriage?"

"Because you're going to have the most handsome groom in the whole universe." Blake winked at her and did the signature pose in Japan. He looked cute! Cute in a handsome way. 

She laughed. "Gross!" He was really funny but it made him looked more handsome. She even noticed the other costumer staring at him. Well, his grandfather is Korean and thanks to this, Blake looked like one of the handsome Korean actors or the Philippines' oppas.

"I'm really glad to make you laugh. I really missed everything about you, Shishi," He looked intently at her.

She could feel her cheeks flushed. He was really a flatterer! "You could have come back sooner, you know."

"I'm sorry. I needed to settle everything in the company before going back here. With everything settled there, I can't leave you anymore." He extended his hand to hold hers. "And I promise not to leave you again." He was intently looking at her while smiling.

She could feel the sincerity in his voice as she looked at his eyes. She felt guilty when she suddenly imagined Zeek as the one telling those words to her.

I'm so sorry, Blake.

She cleared her throat. "Baka." She threw a piece of rolled tissue paper at him.

Blake laughed. He was able to catch it. "Anyway, Shishi, tell me about your adventures during the years when I was not with you."

"As if you were not updated!" They had always been exchanging emails. They were updated about their lives. She was able to tell him everything that happened to her, except the things about Zeek. 

How could she tell him about Zeek?

"Well, I would like to hear everything from you personally. I really missed you, Shishi. It's your fault because you have always been refusing my video calls." He acted as if he was really hurt.

"You knew I'm not comfortable with that." She really wasn't comfortable with video chatting or even in any other things with gadgets. She had only been using her laptop for her novels and her phone for emergency. Most of the time, her phone's battery was dead.

"And that makes you more adorable." He smiled.

She blushed. Now that's the main lead for you, Shizu!

"Baka!" 

"I'm telling you the truth." He smiled. "So, tell me now about your adventures. I have the whole evening to listen."

"There's really nothing much to tell. You already knew I became a writer."

"Yeah. I have copies of all your novels."

"You... what??" she was surprised. 

"Of course, I should be my future wife's number one fan, right?"

He's such a sweet guy!

But Zeek was also sweet... 

Stop comparing them, Shizu!