Chapter 8

"I STILL CAN'T believe this is happening," Shizu said while they were already in Zeek's car.

"Same here," Zeek said while driving. "I want to kiss you again."

She felt her cheeks blushed. "B-baka!"

Zeek chuckled.

"Wait, you already asked to marry me, so, where is the ring, Mr. Demetriou?"

"Harry already gave it to you a while ago."

"Harry? But he only gave me---" she looked at the rose Harry gave her. Her eyes widened when she noticed something shining in the middle of the petals.

Zeek parked the car on the side of the rode. He took the rose from her and began to pick out the petals and it slowly revealed the ring hiding in the middle.

"H-how?" She was shocked again when she saw the diamond ring after he picked the last petal.

He took the ring and he slowly put on her ring finger.

"I love you, Shiz," he said while touching her cheeks.

She gave her the sweetest smile she could ever show. "I love you, too, Zeek." She held his hand.

"Let's go out of the car." He went out the car and opened the door for her. She was amazed when she saw the sea outside. It was still dark since it was only 2 am.

Zeek took off his coat and put it around her.

"Who is Harry?" she asked him. He suddenly hugged her from her back and she was flustered again.

"He's my cousin's son," he answered.

"And the gang?" She was referring to the men in black earlier.

"The gang?" he chuckled. "They are the security team in our company."

"Oh. That was a really sweet but scary trick. I was scared when they suddenly surrounded us."

He kissed her head. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to stop you from running away from me."

"Running away from you?"

"Yes. So I had to cancel your flight and pull off a little show to make you stay with me."

"Wait. Wait." She turned around to face him. "Why do you think that I'm running away from you?"

"Blake told me that you're already getting married tomorrow in Japan."

"What?!"

"Aren't you?"

"No! Blake and I already had a serious talk and we finally agreed to break our engagement."

"Then why are you going back to Japan?"

"To tell my family about our decision."

Zeek suddenly hugged her tight. "Thank God. For a moment, I really thought that you will marry him, and you will leave me."

She hugged him back. "I already decided to follow my heart. How can I leave the man I love?"

"Can I punch him just one time when we meet?"

She laughed. "I think I already heard that before."

Her laughter stopped when he kissed her, and she gladly responded.

"ARE YOU SURE about this?" Shizu asked Zeek while they were in the plane going to Japan. Zeek insisted to go with her.