Chapter 7

"I HAVE a not-so-great feeling about this," Blake said while they were walking towards the park in their village. It was already past nine in the evening. She asked him to have a little chitchat outside before he went home.

She laughed a little. "Not-so-great huh?" She pinched his arm.

He groaned. "You're still as savage as ever, Shi. I miss the old days. How can I bring them back?" 

"Build a time machine, perhaps?"

He laughed. "I think I should try that."

"Baka."

He stretched his arms upward. "So, what is it that you want to tell me?"

She paused for a moment. This was the moment that she had been preparing for since the day she decided to follow her heart.

Lord, please guide me.

She cleared her throat. "Uhm, I think... I think we should call off the wedding."

Blake suddenly stopped walking. She also stopped and turned around to face him.

She could clearly see the hurt in his eyes. Oh, I'm really sorry, Blake.

"Shi, aishiteimasu," he smiled sadly while looking straight at her eyes.

She suddenly felt pain in her heart as she looked at him. Her eyes were beginning to blur.

"I love you, Shi."

She couldn't stop her tears anymore. Blake took a few steps towards her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry, Shi. Please don't cry. I'm sorry," he said while comforting her.

More tears fell from her eyes. "I- I should be the one to apologize. I'm so sorry, Blake."

"Hush. You don't have to apologize. It's all my fault. I left you. I'm sorry."

She cried more. She knew she was hurting him. He loved her all along but she chian't love him back. She thought her second lead was Zeek. But she was wrong after all! 

She suddenly remembered the book she read last time. She now understood why the heroine didn't choose the second lead. 

She couldn't fool herself. She would only hurt him more if she would choose to stay with him because she couldn't love him back.

"Blake, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry," she cried more. 

Lord, please make Blake the leading man of his own love story. Please give her the heroine he deserves. 

"Please don't apologize, Shi. If you apologize again I will punch him."

She pushed him. "What?!"

Blake wiped her tears with his hands. "You're already ugly."

She lightly punched his tummy. "Baka," she said while wiping her face. She knew he was just making the mood lighter.

He chuckled. "That's my girl," he patted her head.

She looked at his eyes. She knew he was just pretending to be fine.

Don't do this Blake. I deserve your anger.  

"Can I punch him for making you fall for him?" he then asked her seriously.

She paused for a moment. Then she pinched his arm.

"Ah, you are really savage, Shi." He put his right arm on her shoulders and started to walk with her back to her house. "We should go back."

She tried to push his arm away but he was stronger than her.