Introduction & Dedications

I would love to thank you all for deciding to click on this story. I'm incredibly excited to be writing it and I really do love these characters and all of their stories. 

I am back from a year and a half writing hiatus, so I may be a bit rusty. 

Also, I am always incredibly curious how people have found one of my stories, so please comment on this chapter and let me know how you came across it.

Disclaimer:

This is very much a slow burn, character driven story. Though much of the book focuses on their friendship, this story does eventually have a romance with a fairly large age gap. Though she is eighteen (turns nineteen during the book), I do understand if the idea of this makes you too uncomfortable to read.

First Chapter:

If there are things I can do to improve the first chapter for other readers, please let me know. I know the pacing is a bit slow and have cut out quite a bit to make it better, but if there's something I can add to make it feel more compelling or something I can take away, please let me know. 

Mistakes:

I very much love this book and always need help to erase any mistakes so others can love it as well and make it so readers do not get pulled out of the story by stupid, little things. If you notice any mistakes, please point them out so that I can remedy them. I'm pretty firm on the story and the characters currently, but if you see a spot where I can improve the writing, I would love your feedback, even if it's something I can't get to until the second draft.

Covers:

The cover I currently have up is temporary. Until the book  is complete, this isn't something I'm going to worry about too much. 

On the top of most chapters you will see cover options. Please comment on whichever ones you love or let me know through a PM. There are so many that I can't really choose, and I keep making more.

Though I'm working hard to do my own covers, if you think you could create the perfect cover, I welcome attempts. Once I am done writing the first draft of this book, I will post a cover chapter at the end and will add the one you make as one of the options. 

Dedications:

I would like to thank LittleMinx94, AliciaM21,MakaylaEliseand Ronaldo7Siete for showing up for every chapter to help me remedy mistakes and for showing me what scenes could be improved. These are incredible people who've helped build my confidence and have stood by me with each chapter I publish. They have helped me in so many ways to improve the story you're about to read.

Also, thank you to xtranquilx for helping me with my current blurb.

There are also so many others who have provided me with their critiques and reviews and even continue to critique long after they agreed to.

Comments , Votes & Whatnot:

I love comments. They help me to know that the reader has connected to the story in some small or major way. I enjoy hearing what line they loved, what scene made them laugh or tear up. I like knowing what characters they love and the character interactions they look forward to. Everything and everything the reader feels is something I enjoy hearing about. I don't expect you to tell me everything that's going on in your head, but if something stood out to you, please let me know in a comment. I absolutely love interacting with readers.

If you loved a chapter, please vote on it. However, if you really aren't a fan of the book or the story or the characters or the writing (or whatever), please don't press on that little star. I don't need votes to continue this book. I know some people do it as a way to support fellow writers, but I want to feel like I've earned each and every vote I receive. Reads tell me the story was 'good enough' and comments provide encouragement (though again, I'm not looking for a pat on the head), but votes should only happen if you love the story you are reading. 

And if you do love this story, please suggest it to someone who's looking for something to read, suggest it for contests or reviews where the readers enter their favorite books. 

Also, and this probably goes without saying, but be respectful toward fellow commenters. As I'm always looking for reviews, a comment that might appear negative toward a part of the story may actually be a critics comment trying to help. While I love seeing reader's stick up for a book they love, everyone is entitled to their opinion so please be respectful of others. 

Unless they are acting like giant dicks and calling this the worst piece of shit book they've ever read. Then do your worst if you wish.