Prologue

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart.
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me.
No one can say what we get to be

Rewrite The Stars - The Greatest Showman
(Zac Efron and Zendaya)

Eloise walks down the street, not looking anyone in the eye. She hopes her sunglasses and hat will keep anyone from recognizing her as that's the last thing she needs right now. She shouldn't even be here, but she couldn't handle being inside those walls any longer. She needed some freedom. Keeping her eyes down, she doesn't see where she's going and suddenly she bumps into something. Or rather someone.

"Sorry," she quickly says as she looks up to see who she bumped into. Kind eyes look back at her, a smile on the stranger's face.

"Don't worry about it. I'm sorry about your shirt though," the young man says, making Eloise look down at her shirt, her eyes widening when she sees the coffee stain on it. Now they'll know she was gone. She looks back to the stranger and the coffee in his hand that caused the stain.

"That's nothing, don't worry about it," she says, though it's not nothing at all. But he doesn't need to know that.

"I'm Max," the stranger says, holding out his hand. Eloise stares at it for a second, not used to the gesture. Then she realizes she should probably do something as he'll probably think she's weird. She hesitates for a moment before she shakes his hand.

"I'm Lucy," she says, making Max smile.

"Nice to meet you, Lucy."

"You too," Eloise says as Max seems to study her face. She realizes she's still wearing her sunglasses, which is quite rude. She quickly takes them off and properly looks Max in the eye for the first time. He looks taken aback and for a second Eloise starts to freak out, afraid he recognized her.

"Your eyes, they're so beautiful," Max says, then seeming to realize what he said, "sorry that sounded really weird."

"It's okay, thank you," Eloise says, smiling at Max.

"I'd love to keep talking to you, but I have to get going. It was very nice to meet you, Lucy," Max says, looking a bit disappointed.

"That's okay, it was nice to meet you as well," Eloise says. Max smiles at her before walking off.

Eloise turns around and watches him walk off, a bit confused about what just happened. Regardless of what it was, she liked it. Then she realizes she's been out way too long and should really head back to make sure they're not too angry. The stain on her shirt will already cause enough drama as it is.

I wasn't supposed to publish this yet, but I wanted to know what you guys thought. Let me know in the comments. And I was just very excited to write again, it's been way too long. Sorry everyone! But I've got a bunch of time now as I already have summer holiday so I'm gonna do my best to write as much as I can and work on this story!

Love evy