Chapter 10

Eloise and Max walk out of her parent's house together, holding each other's hands. Neither of them says anything until they reach the car.

"This is it," Eloise suddenly says, making Max look at her.

"What?" he asks a bit confused.

"I'm not a princess anymore, I'm just like any other girl."

"You're still my princess though," Max says, making Eloise giggle at how sweet he's being.

"You know what I mean," she says and Max nods as he wraps his arms around Eloise.

"Yeah, I do. How do you feel?"

"Free," Eloise says, making Max smiles.

"I'm glad," he says before softly pressing his lips against hers.

"How do you feel?" Eloise asks in return, knowing all the recent events have been tiring. The process of dropping her title was quite long and intense and there wasn't much Max could do during it, which she knows he didn't like as he wanted to help her.

"I'm happy that it's over and happy that we now don't have to worry about all that anymore."

"I totally agree."

"So, not-princess Eloise, what would you like to do?" Max asks, making Eloise chuckle.

"I'd like to go home and just spend some time together before the next race," Eloise says, making Max look at her confused.

"Home?"

"Yeah, to Monaco. To your apartment," Eloise explains, which makes Max smile widely, loving that she called his apartment 'home'.

"Our apartment," he corrects her, which in turn makes Eloise look at him rather confused.

"Our?"

"If you want to move in with me that is," Max says, causing Eloise's eyes to widen.

"Are you sure? We have only known each other for a few months."

"You gave up your title for me when we knew each other for a shorter amount of time," Max points out and Eloise can't argue with that.

"But moving in, that's a huge commitment."

"I know, but I want to make that commitment to you. Because I know that we're meant to be," Max says, making Eloise smile.

"Then yes, I'd love to move in with you."

- - - - - -

With clammy hands and unable to stand still, Eloise looks at the screen in front of her, where she sees Max on the final lap of the Mexican GP. In the lead. He has been leading pretty much the entire race, which means Eloise had been nervous pretty much the entire race. Afraid the car would give up, afraid a lapped car would accidentally hit him, afraid the pitstop would go wrong, afraid he wouldn't win for some reason.

But now, on the final lap, Eloise can finally breathe. He's going to win his second race this year. As she watches Max turn onto the main straight, a huge smile appears on her face, which widens even more when she hears his voice over the radio.

"What a good race and the car was amazing."

"Well done Max, that was fantastic. Couldn't you go any slower?" Max's engineer replies, making both Max and Eloise chuckle.

"Yeah I'm so sorry mate, I was cruising. I was about to cut the track, you know, just for fun. Maybe I get a 5-second penalty then it gets a bit more interesting," Max replies, making Eloise roll her eyes slightly as she shakes her head in disbelief when she hears his reference.