Chapter 5

"Max, are you okay?" Max hears someone ask, making him look up. Daniel and Lewis are standing in front of him, a worried look on both their faces.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Because you have been looking miserable ever since the party, what happened?" Daniel asks, crossing his arms which lets Max know there's no point in saying he's fine.

"Remember in Silverstone, when I talked to this girl in the paddock?" Max starts off and both Daniel and Lewis nod.

"She's one of the princesses," Lewis says and now it's Max's turn to nod.

"Well, that wasn't the first time I met her," Max says before explaining his history with Eloise. From meeting her in the street to having her come to the Hungarian GP and her parents finding out about it.

"So she called me to talk about everything, but then I think her mother overheard and she ended the call and I haven't heard from her since," Max finishes his story. The other guys frown, understanding why Max has been feeling so bad.

"Did you try to text her?" Lewis asks and Max nods.

"I did, multiple times, but no reply," he says.

"What about calling," Daniel asks, wanting to help his friend.

"She didn't pick up, but I just want to talk to her about everything. Even if we don't work out, ending it like this just feels wrong," he explains.

"Let me try to reach out to some people, I know a few people at the palace," Lewis says, making the Red Bull boys look at him surprised.

"You know people at the palace?" Daniel asks, voicing both their thoughts.

"Yeah, some people who work there. Let me call Steve, he does security," Lewis says as he takes out his phone. He walks away from the others a bit to talk in private.

- - - - - - - -

"Hello? Lewis, hey! Long time no speak man!" Steve says after picking up the phone, making Eloise look up confused. Lewis? Wasn't there a racing driver named Lewis?

"Yeah, I know her," Steve says, making Eloise raise her eyebrows. This has to be about Max, right? Steve sees her looking at him and walks out of the room, making Eloise frown. She sighs and goes back to what she was doing, which was reading up on today's news which is extremely boring.

After a little while, Steve comes back in, his phone call finished. Eloise looks up again, waiting for Steve to say anything, but it doesn't seem like he's planning on it.

"Steve?" Eloise asks after a little while.

"Yes, Miss. Eloise?" Steve replies, looking at her.

"Who was that on the phone just now?" Eloise asks, knowing it's a weird question to ask as it's none of her business. But if it's about Max, she has to know.

"It was Lewis Hamilton, Miss," Steve says, which almost confirms it for Eloise: it had to do with Max.

"Did he say anything about Max by any chance," Eloise asks, wanting to be sure.

"Yes, he did."

"What did he say?"

"I can't tell you, Miss," Steve says, looking apologetic. Eloise frowns, wanting to know what's going on. Despite the fact that Max hurt her, she still cares about him and she wants to know what's going on if it has to do with him. And probably her as well as there wouldn't really be a reason for Lewis to call Steve otherwise.