Chapter 8

I know I said I didn't know when I'd be posting again, but I decided to just suck it up and start writing, which usually works really well for me. This time being no exception, tho it took a few attempts. But here's a new chapter, hope you enjoy!

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end and it wasn't any different for Eloise and Max. After a few amazing weeks together, Max has to get back to racing. Eloise is very nervous for the race weekend coming up. As Spa Francorchamps is an important weekend for Max, she wants everything to go perfectly for him.

"Baby?" Max says, making Eloise look at him. They're currently on their way to the circuit, where Max will have to face a bunch of press, all wanting to know all his thoughts and feelings about his home race.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna be in my pit box during the sessions?" Max asks, a bit nervous for Eloise's reaction. They had agreed that she would be watching from his motorhome, but now that they're on their way to the circuit, Max realized he wants her with him during the sessions. However, there is a big chance one of the cameras will see her and then everyone will know she's there, including her parents.

"Are you sure?" Eloise asks, which is not the answer Max what expecting.

"Yeah, why not?"

"Because that's your world and once people see me there, everything will change."

"I know, but I want it to. I want everyone to see the beautiful girl who decided to make me the luckiest guy in the world," Max says, making Eloise blush as she looks down.

"Thank you," she says, still not used to someone talking about her like that, even though Max does all the time.

"But the question is, do you want to?" Max asks, which makes Eloise think for a moment. Does she want it? Does she want the whole world, including her parents, to know? She realizes she does want the world to know, however, her parents are a different story.

"What if they don't approve. I mean, I know they won't like it, but what if they stop me from seeing you completely?"

"Can they do that?" Max asks a bit shocked.

"I'm not sure."

"What if they do?"

"Then I'll tell them how much you mean to me and I'll talk as long as I have to until I can convince them that I need you in my life," Eloise says, making Max smile.

"So you'll be in the pit box?"

"Yes, I will be," Eloise says, making them both smile widely.

"Great, now I know it'll be an amazing weekend," Max says, grabbing Eloise's hand and pressing a kiss to it as he continues to drive towards the circuit.

- - - - -

The preparations for the race are in full swing when Eloise arrives in the paddock. Max had left early to get everything ready for the race, telling her to come later. Which is also less noticeable than arriving together.

With about 10 minutes before the race starts, Eloise makes her way to the pit box. Max's team knows she's coming, which is a relief as Eloise has no idea what to expect. She had been in the pit box for the other sessions, but Max had always been there with her, now he's already on the grid.

"Eloise?" Max's trainer Jake says, making Eloise look at him, a smile appearing on her face when she sees someone familiar. Max had introduced them on Thursday and asked Jake to keep an eye on her when he's not around.

"Hey Jake, how are you today?"

"Doing great, a bit nervous."

"Yeah, I know how you feel," Eloise chuckles, making Jake smile as well.

"Are you ready?"

"For the race? Yeah, I guess so."

"No, for what's gonna happen afterward. The cameras are gonna spot you and then everyone will know you were here. They might not directly assume you and Max are together because you're, well you. At first they might think you're just here for official business. But that'll change quickly."

"Yeah, I know. And to be honest, I have no idea if I'm ready or not. All I know is that I want to support Max as much as I can."

"Well, then you're in the right spot," Jake says as the team comes running back to the pit box, meaning that the cars are on their way for the warm-up lap. Eloise and Jake grab a pair of headphones that are there for guests and focus their eyes on the screen.

- - - - - -

"Oh oh oh, I lose power!" Eloise hears Max's voice say and in that moment, she knows his race is over. She watches as he goes through Eau Rouge way to slowly. 8 laps, that's it. Eloise sighs as she sees Max park his car right in front of all the Dutch fans.

"I can't imagine how he's feeling right now," Jake says as he takes off his headphones.

"Must be horrible, in front of his home crowd," Eloise says, taking off her headphones as well.

"Do you want to go to his motorhome and wait for him there?"

"In a second," Eloise says as she watches the screen. She wants to see Max get out of the car, see his body language. That way, she'll know if he's angry, disappointment, sad or whatever else before she sees him, which will help her knowing how to act.

By the time Max is out of his car and on his way back to the paddock, Eloise knows he's feeling about every bad emotion she thought of. She quickly makes her way out of the pit box so she'll be able to support Max when he gets back.

"Eloise?" Eloise hears behind her, making her turn around. To her surprise, Max is standing not too far away from her. She didn't expect him to be back so quickly and she also didn't expect to see him in de paddock instead of in his motorhome.

"Max," Eloise says, not knowing what to do as they're in public and she knows for a fact there are cameras around. She had this plan in her head of what she'd do, but that was if she'd see him in his motorhome. Max seems to sense her uneasiness and walks closer to her.

"You okay?" he asks, seemingly forgetting all about his own problems.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay though?"

"Not really, but it'll get better in couple of hours," Max says, sounding very disappointed. Suddenly, Eloise doesn't care about being in public anymore. She wraps her arms around Max and pulls him close, making him wrap his arms around her waist.

"I'm so sorry about what happened, I know how excited you were," she whispers, but Max is more focuing on the fact that there are tons of cameras around.

"Baby, the cameras," he whispers back, thinking she just didn't think about it.

"I know, but this is more important," Eloise says as she pulls back.

"You sure?"

"Of course, I want to be there for you and support you in every possible way I can. If that means showing the whole world as I'm doing that, so be it," Eloise says, making Max smile widely.

"You're amazing, you know that right?"

Don't forget to vote ;) And tell me in the comments what you think will happen next.