Chapter 6

"How exactly did you manage to convince your parents that this was a good idea?" Steve asks as he carries some of Eloise's stuff into the house.

"I told them that it was important for me to learn to be independent and that spending the summer at one of our summer houses would be the perfect opportunity to do so," Eloise says, still proud of her reasoning.

"And they agreed?"

"After a lot of convincing they did. Especially when I said you'd be here with me," Eloise says, making Steve stop walking.

"Wait, what?"

"You won't, they just think you will be. Which means you also have a few weeks off. I rented a house for you closeby so that if anything were to happen, you'd be here quickly. I also told your wife and she's already there," Eloise says, making Steve smile widely.

"Thank you Miss Eloise," he says, making Eloise smile as well.

"Of course! You've done so much for me, you deserve some time off."

"Thank you again, also for inviting my wife."

"You're always with me, she probably wants some time alone with you as well," Eloise chuckles before walking into the big modern house. Steve follows her and puts the stuff he was carrying down before going back outside the grab the other stuff. As Eloise will be spending several weeks here, she made sure the bring enough stuff. More than enough.

"When does Max arrive?" Steve asks after carrying in the last stuff.

"Tonight, around dinner time."

"Do you want me to stay until he arrives?"

"No, that's okay. Go to your wife Steve," Eloise says, smiling at him.

"Thank you again, Miss Eloise," Steve says, bowing his head shortly before walking out. Eloise looks around, feeling free. For the first time in a long time, she's alone. And it feels amazing. But still, she can't wait until Max arrives. She checks the time and sees she still has a few hours before Max arrives. Time to get everything ready!

A few hours later Eloise sits down on the couch, satisfied with the work she's done. After unpacking her bags and putting her clothes away, she ordered groceries, which will arrive soon as well. Being royal has its perks sometimes, such as fast delivery.

After doing all that, she made sure to make everything look a bit cozier by adding some candles and flowers around the place. She wants Max to feel at home and comfortable, but most of all, she wants things to work out between them.

- - - -

Max parks his car, looking at the giant house in front of him. He was so happy when Eloise invited him and he didn't hesitate to say yes. But now that he's actually here, things are different. He'll be spending several weeks alone with her, to get to know each other and to see if their relationship is something they want to fight for.

He already knows he wants to fight for her, there's no doubt in his mind. But if it doesn't work, there's no point and he knows that as well. They're from 2 very different worlds and no matter how strong their feelings for each other are, those worlds could make it very difficult for them.

He takes a deep breath before getting out of the car. He takes his suitcase out the back before walking up to the front door. He rings the doorbell and waits for Eloise to open. When she does, he can't help but smile. Despite wearing casual and comfortable clothes, she still looks amazing.

"Hey, you look great!" Max says, making Eloise blush slightly. 

"Thank you, come in," Eloise says as she steps a bit to the side so Max can come in.

"Thanks," he says before walking inside.

"Do you want a tour?" Eloise asks and Max nods, trying to ignore the uncomfotable feeling he has. Not about being here with her, but about being here alone with her for the next few weeks. It feels unreal, like he's about to wake up from a dream any moment.

"Follow me," Eloise asks and she gives him a tour of the entire house, purposly avoiding the bedrooms until the last moment. She has no idea if he wants to share with her or have a room of his own. They haven't been together long at all and she doesn't want him to feel uncomfortable.

At the same time, Max is worrying about the exact same thing but the other way around. He doesn't want her to feel uncomfortable about it. Eventually, they end up by the bedrooms.

"So this is where I'm sleeping," Eloise says as she opens one of the bedroom doors.

"Where will I be sleeping," Max asks, knowing they can't avoid the topic forever.

"Wherever you want," Eloise says, looking up at him.

"Can I share with you?" Max asks, deciding to just risk it. He'd love to wake up next to her in the morning, but only if she wants it too.

"Of course," Eloise says, smiling at him, which makes Max smile as well. He puts his suitcase down in the room before following Eloise back to the living room, where they sit down

"What's for dinner?" Max asks as Eloise cuddles up to him.

"Whatever you want, I got groceries delivered earlier so we've got a bunch of stuff."

"Can I cook for you?" Max asks, making Eloise smile.

"Of course. But I want to help though."

"Sounds good, let's get started," Max says before pressing a kiss against Eloise's temple, making her smile. She turns to face him and presses her lips against his, feeling him smile against her lips.

"I think the food can wait a bit," Eloise chuckles as she pulls away a bit.

"I agree."

- - - -

Before they know it, the first week has passed. Even though at first both Max and Eloise had to get used to being together all the time, neither of them used to living with someone so closely. But as the days passed, the grew more and more comfortable around each other and after a week, they both knew it: this is what they wanted, for the rest of their lives.

The only thing is that they haven't told each other that just yet. But Max had decided that it was time and he was gonna tell her tonight. At least, that's the plan.

"Eloise?" Max asks, making her look up from the book she's reading.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go out on a date tonight?" Max asks, making Eloise smile widely.

"I'd love to. Where do you want to go?"

"To dinner somewhere?" Max suggests and Eloise nods before frowning.

"We can't," Eloise says, making Max look at her confused.

"Why not?"

"If we go out in public together, my parents will see that I'm here  with you."

"I'll figure something out, you just get ready, okay?" Max says and Eloise smiles before putting her book away and heading to her bedroom to get ready.

Let me know what you think :)