CHAPTER 21 : THE BIRTHDAY.

There was a 'click' sound at the door indicating that Piyush has already completed his work and is back home. Today, Amaira didn't have to open the door as Piyush himself locked the door and took the keys with him.
He came in, tired and restless as ever. Amaira ran towards him, with the pain in the leg, to carry his suitcase and help him through the hall way.

Amaira immediately brought him some hot coffee to make him feel stress free. "Thank you for the coffee. Much needed." Said Piyush.

'He seems to be in a good mood. Let me ask him now itself.' Thought Amaira.

"Umm.. Piyush.. I actually wanted to ask you something." Said Amaira hesitatingly. "I mean.. I.. Only if you are okay with it." She added after seeing the suspicious look on her husband's face.

"Go on." Said Piyush, expressionless, removing his watch.

"Can I have permission to go out tomorrow? For shopping." She said without stopping.

"What for shopping?" Asked Piyush.

"Yeah, I'll tell you the reason. Tomorrow is your birthday. And I want to surprise you with something." Though she didn't want to tell, she told. Or else how on earth would Piyush allow her outside?

Piyush looked at her with amusement. His eyes lit up. He didn't speak for a while, which made Amaira think that he was not happy with the decision. "It's.. it's completely okay if you don't want me to go.. I won't go." She said half smiled, half confused. She was about to walk away when Piyush pulled her back and gave her a tight hug.

"Thank you so much. Thank you for thinking of me this way. No one ever remembers my birthday or worse I never celebrated it." He said. Amaira was dead silent. She was listening to him quietly. "You have whole permission to go tomorrow. But only with my driver and be back home only within an hour." He let her go by finally asking her "okay?". She nodded her head and smiled.

"Yeah, don't worry.. I'll go in the morning and be back home soon. Please try to come early tomorrow." She said.

***
The next morning, Piyush got ready already for his work and pecked his wife on cheeks before leaving for office.

Amaira didn't waste any time and immediately got into work of decorating their room in the best way possible and decorating the hall slightly, with candle and flowers.

It was 12 in the afternoon, when she was done decorating their room and the hall. She placed a beautiful big size picture of her and Piyush on the turquoise wall of her room. She left balloons of his favorite colour red and blue loose, which stuck up in the ceiling, which had few notes, attached to the threads. Dressing table and all the other shelf were decorated with glass candles and fancy candles. She decorated the flowers in heart shape on the bed. And to the corner right there were two balloons which read his age that is 2 and 7, 27. And many more decors.

It was now that she has to make something special for dinner. She planned for a romantic candle light dinner. And hence, she cooked Piyush's favorite Fish fingers, Pineapple Paneer, Chilli Fish, chicken Pepper soup for starters and Grilled Tiger prawns, Korean chicken wings, Mutton Biryani and few other items for main course and his favorite rasmalai as desert. She decorated the table very beautifully.

It was already 3 by then and now she has to bake and decorate a cake for him and go to buy gifts. She baked his favorite flavor cakes. One is blueberry and the other was chocolate. On the cake there was 'Happy Birthday Hubby. Love, Jaan,' beautiful written by Amaira.

It was all set till here. It was already 30 past 4 now and she had to rush to gift shop and be back home soon at least by 5:30 pm. She called up the driver and asked him to take her to a branded watch shop.