CHAPTER 27 : THE RETURN.

9 months later...

"Hey Amaira, look who is here to meet you," said Disha in a happy tone. Her pretty smile formed on her lips.

Amaira flickered open her eyes slowly. She sees the white painted four walls of the hospital. The smell of strong drugs and medicines hitting her nose. The oxygen mask she had, was almost making it difficult for her to turn and look around. She could hardly open her eyes.

"Hey Amaira! How are you?" Said Arnav from behind the door. He was trying to get in Piyush on his wheel chair.

Amaira just gave a small nod to him indicating she was fine.

"Piyush missed you so much!" Said Arnav teasingly.

Piyush hardly gave a smile. He is very much better now since the time he got rescued from the hospital. His fingers move now.

"Congratulations," screamed Disha and Arnav together blasting a party popper inside her hospital room.

Amaira had tears in her eyes. Though she wanted to thank them, she couldn't. She hated that. She tried getting up but failed eventually.

"It's okay Amaira. You have some rest," said Disha sitting beside her and caressing her.

"Welcome to your new life Amaira. We are so happy for you," said Arnav placing a bouquet of flowers in order to congratulate her, on her bedside table.

"Please don't make any noise here," peeped the nurse out of nowhere.

Disha and Arnav gave Amaira a side hug. They appreciated her bravery, her courage, her intelligence to come up till here in her life. It was indeed her big day.

"You'll be discharged in two days Ammu and then back to our happy lives. I'm so happy for you," Disha said and the two of them started gossiping and telling things to Amaira to which she was unable to reply but enjoyed their company.

Her body ached because of the injections injected in her body. Her head ached. But having her best friends beside her made her forget everything. In this 9 months Arnav became too close to Amaira and Disha.

2 days later..

It was 30 past 6 in the evening. The curtains of Amaira's hospital room was changed and shut down. The beds were cleaned and new bedsheets were spread. Amaira was being discharged and new patient was being shifted to her room.

"Are you ok to walk till the footpath outside Amaira?" Asked Arnav helping her to make her way to the lift.

"Yes, I can. I am strong," she grinned.

"Definitely," replied Disha and the three of them started giggling.

"I'm so happy that finally we're heading home," said Amaira.

"Yes. And the best part is we don't have to stay in a hotel. We got our own tiny little apartment," said Disha joyfully.

The lift bought them down to the ground floor. They made few signatures and formalities and paid their due hospital charges and left.

Meanwhile...

The room was dark and gloomy. It didn't give good vibes. It looks so haunted and gave eerie vibes. Any intruder would mistake it for a haunted house for real.

Far in the corner of the room, was a man's silhouette. He had rough tangled beard, long and unruly hair. He looked as though he hasn't taken bath or clean up himself for months. His eyes had heavy eye bag underneath.

Vivaan's POV...

I was as usual sitting on my favorite couch that once Amaira used it, making drinks and smoking. I've been doing this since 9 months straight.