the show must go on

Attention!!! This part portrays the boys reactions to Freddie's passing. This is not cannon but this is simply how I thought they would react. There will be a lot of POVS change so the POVS will be in bold instead of italics so it's easier to spot and remember.

3rd person POV

In the evening of November 24th, rock legend, Freddie Mercury passed away. After a fight with AIDS/HIV, the singer passed due to complications with bronchial pneumonia.

Rogers POV

I sat in shock. I didn't even think to cry it just happened. He's... He's gone... I slammed my fist into the wall. I hit the wall before resting my head against it. I couldn't stop sobbing. I couldn't breathe and everything was blurry. I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom before throwing up. I sobbed and couldn't stop. It felt like the whole world was ending. Freddie Mercury, my best friend was gone.

Brian's POV

I sat against the wall, I couldn't even cry. I was numb. I heard Roger crying and I think even getting sick. I couldn't move. I pulled out my wallet and looked at the picture of me and Freddie that was taken back in 1976. I couldn't think straight, I dropped the picture and put my head in my hands. I couldn't cry, I couldn't think. Hell I couldn't function with out him. I didn't want to.

Johns POV

I felt like I was hit by a freight train. I tried to breathe but it sounded more like a wheeze. I coughed and grabbed onto the door frame. Everything was spinning. I breathed weakly, and coughed. I couldn't even comprehend that he was gone. He was my everything, he was the best friend you could ask for. He was the one who kept me sane. He was one of the three people I trusted and he was gone.

3rd person.

The three men all dealt with the loss differently. The world mourned the loss of the great singer. Fans of the band suffered the most. Their days were filled with sorrow leading up to the funeral of the beloved performer. They wore yellow, screamed the songs until they couldn't, and they cried. They cried to many of the songs that were his favorites. They all were hurt, they should have expected it but even the most expected events can shock even the most stoic of people. The fans waited for a statement from one of the other members, on a burial date. They were kept in the dark. There wasn't much said to anyone.

Brian's POV

"Roger... It's time for you to go back to John. It's time we both go back to him. He doesn't need to be alone." I said helping Roger up from the bathroom floor. He nodded, wiping his mouth. He quickly brushed his teeth and coughed. I put an arm around him and helped him to the car. When we arrived at the flat Roger practically flew through the door to get to the bathroom before throwing up again. I followed quickly.

"John? Deaky!?" I called out as I checked on Roger. John came down and pushed into the bathroom. He knelt next to Roger and wiped his own tears. Robert follow seconds behind him, he ran into my arms and sobbed. I hugged him tightly and began crying. Roger fell into Johns arms and sobbed, John leaned against the wall and held Roger close as they both cried. Robert slowly pulled away to join the two on the floor, I sat down next to them. We all sat together, crying. There was nothing more we could do.

After a few minutes I slowly moved, we needed to talk to Freddie's family. Well I did, I was in the best shape in order to talk to them. I got up and went to the phone. I could hear a radio playing quietly in the bedroom. Bohemian Rhapsody was playing softly. I bit my lip, Freddie may have not been here physically, but he was still here. I swallowed hard and called Freddie's family.

A few days later

I was dressed in black, as was everyone else. We were still having a funeral, even though Freddie was to be cremated. I had finally seen what the fans had left, they left letters, flowers, anything you can think of in places where we had preformed. I looked at the little flower on my suit. It was so hard to think that freddie was gone. John and Roger and Robert all sat together. I made my way over.

"How are you holding up?" I asked quietly. Roger shrugged, he looked sick. We had never seen him so upset that he was sick. John looked exhausted. Robert didn't say anything and just stayed close to Roger. Robert looked devastated, he kept his head pressed against Rogers arm. Roger held Johns hand loosely.

After the ceremony, we all sat down together and talked about Freddie. We talked about a tribute concert. That's when John spoke up.

"I... I don't think I can preform anymore... Brian I'm so sorry but I don't want to do it without him..." He said looking down. I nodded. That's when Roger spoke up.

"I don't want this to be over but I... I cant preform without John..." He said taking his husbands hand. I nodded.

"I was hoping you two would say something like that... the one thing I want to do before we call it quits is a tribute concert to Freddie." I said softly. They both nodded. It was set that we would preform one last time together.