untitled

April 20th. 1992

Johns POV

I didn't really want to preform this last time. I tried to keep it out of my mind that Freddie was truly gone. It hadn't quite been a year. He was still here it felt, in the little things I do I hear his voice. I couldn't grasp the fact that he was gone. I sighed softly as I picked up my guitar, I carefully tuned for this would be the last time I'd use it. I could hear Roger and Brian arguing over something. I slipped off the strap and walked over to their dressing room. Robert stopped me

"Daddy, you can't go in there," he said grabbing my arm. I gave him a weird look and grabbed the door handle.

"No, I'm serious they are making plans. They told me not to let you in," He said pulling my hand away.

"What could they possibly be planning that they didn't need to tell me?" I asked impatiently. Robert shrugged.

"They didn't tell me, they just told me not to let you in," He said. I sighed and walked back into my dressing room.

"Hey, Freddie... I miss you. A lot... I don't really want to do this concert. I don't want to preform without you. We made a deal when I met you that I wouldn't preform without you. I still don't want to. Is it nice in heaven? I hope you are happy Fred..." I said softly. I wiped my eyes and jumped at the sound of someone knocking on my door.

"Deaky? You ready?" Roger called out. I swallowed hard and opened the door. Roger gently took my hand.

"You know he's here. He is going to be right there with us. Don't worry my love," Roger mumbled and kissed me. I nodded. He squeezed my hand and started towards the stage. I grabbed my bass and followed him.

About an hour into the concert

Roger's POV

I smiled as best as I could, I walked over to Deaky. He looked at me, he looked close to crying. I gently rubbed his back. Brian walked over to us, and gave a small smile.

"So today we have a very special day today, not only are we celebrating our dear friend Freddie, but it is also our dear bassist and drummers five year anniversary. Normally you renew vows later on in marriage but me and Roger discussed this before the concert and we thought it'd be a good idea for tonight." Brian said smiling at us. I gently took John's hand and we both smiled. John said his vows first, and I said mine after. Everyone, all 72,000 people cheered. It hit me that me and the love of my life just renewed our vows, we all sang in memory of our beloved friend, and we had just preformed for the very last time. I wiped tears from my eyes and looked at John. He gave me a small smile before wiping my tears.

"I love you Roger," John said softly.

"I love you too John," I said before kissing him softly.