3: Compare and Contrast

America's POV

"So how will this work exactly? And Is everyone on board with this hell of a procedure?" I questioned. 

"It's quite simple really." He started. "We will take Your Highness's sperm, and inject it in you. Wait a few months to see if the procedure has worked and we go from there." He explained. 

"So...Lemme get this straight. We are talking a turkey baster, to my lady parts, and waiting I'm cooking? Alright...." 

"Miss Singer, this procedure is well practiced, and the mortality rate is very low. This is the best option for the Royal Family,  and you are a great fri-" 

I shook my head "No", and that seemed to silence him pretty well. 

He thought about it before speaking and said. 

"Do you want me to call the Royal family to discuss this?" 

"No. It's fine."

Honestly? I was sick and tired of being bound to this family. Watching the man that I love only call me because he needed an heir. Something that his beloved queen couldn't do. Someone like me needed to help him with this, and that doesn't give a shit about me and my life.

"Well, I'm calling them. You seem pretty high strung about this, and you do sound like you are backing away from this. I will  just call the Royal family and let them know about this." 

"I know my rights. You can't do that." I stated firmly. 

"Fine. They're your friends. I'll call them in for a nice gathering." He smirked as he started paging them. 

-----------------------------

Not long, I was expecting Maxon to come in here and talk me into doing it, and to save the kingdom, but unfortunately, I met with the devil herself. Kriss. 

"America. I heard you were backing away from this." Kriss said, seeming genuine. 

"Yeah. I don't think I'm the best person for this job..." I stated. 

"America, you're my friend, I trust you more than anything." She said. 

She then grabbed me by my dress and said. 

"Maxon would be terribly hurt if he found out that you were a Southern Rebel that was plotting against us by being our surrogate?" She accused. 

"Okay, Kriss, cut it out, we both know that's not true." I looked at confusingly. 

"I mean, it's your word against mine. Who do you think he would choose? The women who sleep with him every night, or the women that cheated on him?" She said with a smirk. 

Ouch. Kriss was really going in with this. I knew I had a choice about this, but I wasn't sure if she would go to measures that far.

"If you leave me alone, and my family alone, I'll do it," I said, scared. 

"Yay! I'll go tell Maxon that we'll do it tomorrow." She said happily.

Perfect I thought...

Perfect.