8. Split Second

Maxon's POV. 

After America's maids asked for me to check on America, I ran towards her room, hoping that she would be okay. 

She was okay, but she was delirious tired and I felt so much pain for her. 
I decided to move her onto her bed since she was previously lying down on her desk. She was so light, despite being pregnant, and I knew that she was going to keep sleeping for quite some time. 

After checking on America and my panicky mood settled, I went to go find some books about Illea's history to see if we could implement some new holidays. 

"Maxon?" I heard someone at my door. 
I smiled at the door, and I saw Kriss. 

"Go Sleep." She advised. 

~~~(Time Skip-Next Morning)~~~

Waking up and immediately I thought of America. I thought about how stressed and tired she must be, and how scared she must have been because of this pregnancy. I took her for granted and yet she still is doing favors for me. 

After meetings and meetings with advisors and my father, I couldn't bear it anymore and I felt so angry with everything. I just needed to see America and now. 

---

I entered her room and there she was. Asleep like a cat in the daytime. She seemed so peaceful while she slept, and I noticed it was around 11:30. I dawned on me that I should wake her up since my father wouldn't be too pleased with the idea that America was practically staying here for food, shelter, and money and sleeping this late. I touched her arm and began shaking it. 

"Americaaaa. Wake upppp." I whispered in her year. 

"MAXON!" I heard my mom whisper yell just outside her door. 

I looked at her very confused and she gestured for me to come outside.
I went outside, closing the door behind me so that America could get a few more minutes of sleep. 

"Do you really want to do that? Do you really want to wake up America while she's pregnant?" My mom questioned me. 

"Yes..." I started. 

She glared at me and she said 
"No. No, you do not. She will be angry, and sad and annoyed all at the same time." 

She made a good point. It would be stupid to wake up America when she had done everything for me. If sleep helps her and the baby, I'll make sure that she sleeps 11 hours a day. 

I smiled and thanked my mom for her advice. 

-----------------------------

After seeing America, Kriss conveniently appeared in the Great Room and I asked to take her out. I've realized that I had only spent time with America, but we also needed to talk about names, baby rooms, and nannies. 

"Kriss, let's go outside for a bit. We should talk." I smiled and held out my hand for her. 

She smiled back at me and I pulled a chair out for her. 

----

"Okay. I think the first thing we should talk about is the baby and its name. I told America she could name it, but we would have to approve it." I explained. 

She looked so surprised when I mentioned that America was going to name the baby. 

"No. America is not naming OUR baby." She yelled. "It would be stupid for her to name our baby since she won't even have contact after its born!" 

Now it was my turn to be confused. 

"No, you have it wrong my dear, America will have contact, but this baby will be taught the truth. We will allow our baby to understand what we had to do, and when it is time, we will explain. I refuse to lie to my child for the rest of their life." 

Kriss looked appalled. She looked like she had been slapped in the face. 

"You love her. Damn it, Maxon. You love her." She said as she rolled her eyes. 
"No. I do not love America. I. Do. Not. Love. America." I looked her in the eyes. 
"Then she loves you. Think about it, why the hell would she do something that puts her life in danger, leaving her family, with nothing in return. She's doing it for you. She loves you, Maxon, and you're oblivious if you think otherwise." She ranted. 

"Kriss, even if she did love me, I can't love her, because I love you. I chose you. Remember?" I explained. 

"No. America will not be naming the baby. She will have no contact with our child, and more importantly, she will not be in the castle anymore. I don't trust her at all. She may be my friend, but I do not trust her and her intentions." 

 "Kriss. I love you. But no. America will have her rights of naming her own child. She will have the rights to see him her, and she will be welcomed in the castle by you and me. Period. I will not argue with you and our future damaged because of your resentment towards America. Like it or not, she is in my life. She is in your life" 

Kriss was angry with me after our conversation and decided to leave. Looking around I saw America looking sad for me. She tugged her ear, and I tugged back. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I see that your conversation with Kriss went well." She laughed. 
"Hey. We're not laughing, we respect each other decisions, even though her decisions are completely unreasonable." I laughed with her. 

All of a sudden, she looked more serious and more nervous. 

"It was about me. Wasn't it?" 
"Yeah. It was about your rights with your child and your contact with it. She didn't like that and so she lashed out on me." 

"Maxon, it's not my child anymore. Since I signed dozen's of contracts, I've realized that thought this baby lives inside me. I protect it and I give it nutrients. I give it water and vitamins. I give it enough to survive. To turn from a fetus to something you and Kriss will love. Plus, I signed a contract saying that I would not have contact with my child, or I would have to pay each time to see it." 

"What?" I asked. 

"Yeah. It's fine though. I'll see my child on television." She said and was disappointed. 

"No that's not right. I spoke with my advisors, and they said it was okay." 

"It will be okay. It has to." She spoke up. 

--------------------

I've finished writing all of the stories over break. Over these next few last days, you should have all the stories written from break on Monday. 

I love you all, and sorry that I suck at updating. <3