5: Anything For Forgiveness

America's POV

I left that room and was about to leave the castle, but Maxon caught up with me and decided to convince me to rethink again. 

"I'm sorry, America. I'm sorry, just please, agree to do it." He asked and pleaded. 

"Do you love me any more?" I asked carousingly. "Do you love me the way you did during the Selection? How you said you were going to marry me? Before you caught me with Aspen and chose Kriss? When was the last time you thought about me, not regarding babies and heirs?" 

"Yesterday. When I was reading your letters after you left the room. America, I can't stop loving you, it's a habit, but you bring me back to the happiest times. If you do this, we can essentially be together, Kriss and will raise the baby, but you will see them every day." Maxon explained. 

I was genuinely confused at this point. He had still loved me, yet he didn't bother to call or write a letter or any of the sort. He left me to cry in Celeste's arms while she fed me ice cream. 

I looked at him, then started to pack more. He then took my wrists preventing me from moving at all then looked me in the eyes. 

"America. Let me explain something that goes beyond what I'm supposed to tell you. Kriss is undeniably smart, intelligent, but she cannot see past the crown. She has the crown and she will go to hell and back to keep it. You would technically be the mother of the child, the heir. You would teach the child to be a wonderful leader and have some position in the advisors because of it. I just need you close. You kept me sane. Kriss kept me on my toes and not in a good way. If you could do this for me, just know it is for me, your friend, your lover, and the man you still fell for." He said still holding onto my wrists.  

"What was up with Kriss yelling at me?  And you believed her?" I asked. 

He looked down at the ground before speaking, as if he was wording this to hurt less. 

"I needed to make her believe I was on her side. If I was on her side, I could convince her to let you be the baby's tutor. If she thought that I was on your side, she could overthrow the kingdom by calling adultery on me and I would probably be dethroned." He explained with a sorry look on his face. 

"I'm sorry." I sighed. 

"I'm sorry too." As he moved my hair around my ear and kissed me. 

That was the feeling I needed after 6 months. Love. 

----------------------------------

It was just me and Maxon and the Doctor in the room. 

He pulled a syringe out of the metal jar. 

Sucked some liquid into it

Making sure that there was no air within the syringe. 

He sanitized everything, and when I say everything, I mean everything. 

He ordered Maxon to turn around and he did just that, after giving me a slight nod. 

I wanted to kiss him so badly at that moment but that would need to wait. 

Dr. Ashlar started counting, but I tried to sleep. 

Tried to forget everything around me and the mess I was in. 

All because my love couldn't trust me. 

3.

2.

1.

Now. We wait.