Chapter 2

"Come on Fenix, we gotta go." Ash complains, dragging me out of the pizza place door.

"But I wanna say bye to my new friends." I whine.

He looks at me and then nods reluctantly.

Oh, if he knew what he was in for.

I look back at the boys and smile sweetly, batting my eyes, trying to get Ashton worked up.

He knows what I'm doing.

He knows I heard.

"Bye boys." I wave and turn around, flipping my hair.

"Bye!" Calum calls out.

I can't help it, I turn back around and squeal. I act like myself again. "Bye best friend!"

"Bye Fenix! You have a cool name by the way!" Calum shouts at me.

I laugh and walk out the door behind Ashton.

"What the hell was that?" He demands when we get outside.

"What? The 'bye best friend'?" I pretend to have no idea what he was talking about.

"No, the thing before that. You know what you did." Ashton glares.

"Oh, you mean the flirtatious goodbye I gave them because I overheard you talking to them, and I'm making a point that I will not follow your rules of not falling for one of them, then I have no idea what you are talking about." I shrug and walk to the car, getting in the passenger seat.

I hear Ashton sigh, then he comes and sits down in the driver's seat.

"You really are a piece of work, you know that?" He asks.

"Yes, and that's why I have you to fix me. Teach me thine ways oh, brother!" I cling onto his arm and he smiles.

He shakes his head. "It's brethren, and I can't teach you anything. It's not like you would pay attention to anything that I say anyways."

"I'm sorry, I wasn't listening, what?" I smile.

He rolls his eyes. "I hate you."

"I hate you too, and now that we have agreed on something, can we go home instead of sitting in the parking lot of Pizza Inn?" I ask.

He nods and starts the car up.

"So what did you think of my friends, not that I actually care or anything, I was just wondering.." Ashton casually brings up.

"Not what I was expecting. They are more friendly and fun than I thought they would be." I reply.

"What did you think them to be?" Ashton asks.

"Judgemental jerks." I smile sweetly at him.

"Ha. No, they aren't like that." Ash defends.

After a boring ride home, we finally pull up in our driveway.

"Hey guys, you're back." Lauren greets us.

"Yeah we are." Ashton says.

"Did you bring pizza or something? Harry has not stopped complaining about being hungry." Lauren tells us.

"No, we didn't bring any, but I can make a frozen pizza for him." I offer.

"Yes, please. I don't know how." Lauren says.

"Oh please. Yes you do. All you do is put it in the oven you dumb kid." I joke.

"Hey, I have enough bullies." She sticks her tongue out at me.