Chapter 6

"Mint chocolate chip." I tell the lady who had asked me what ice cream flavor I wanted.

"That will be $2.05" She presses a button on the cash register.

I start to pull out my wallet, but a hand stops me.

"I got it." Luke butts in. He smiles, then he shakes it away and looks at Hannah. "I'll buy yours too if you want. I don't believe in a girl paying."

Hannah declines to be polite, and Luke hands me my ice cream and smiles nicely.

I smile back and pretend to be casual, waiting for Luke to let go of my freakin ice cream.

I wait for Hannah to get hers, chocolate chip cookie dough, and join me at a seperated table from the boys.

"I think someone has a cruuussh." She sings.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, pretending to be clueless.

"Oh honey, it was very obvious. That Luke boy likes you. And I think you like him back." She smiles, taking a bite of her ice cream.

"Do not." I defend. I couldn't have anyone guessing anything.

"I don't believe you, but whatever. You think Calum likes me?" She suddenly asks.

"I'm not sure. I don't really know him well enough to know if he likes a girl. Question is, why do you like him? He's skinnier than you, almost anorexic, and his hair is all up in his eyes, and he looks so dead he's so skinny." I say.

She laughs. "You obviously can't stop talking about how skinny he is. I like him because he's cute and funny. When he talks to me, it feels like he just wanted to talk to me. We have so much in common. And don't say that his hair is all up in his eyes, cause it's the same for the rest of them. Including your brother."

Ever since we were young, Hannah has hated my brother. She can't stand him. And he can't stand her. It was always real difficult for them to get along while she was over, but they were doing okay tonight.

"One day, you will realize how amazing ny brother is, and how much you love him." I joke.

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah right."

~☆~

After we all got back to my house, the three new boys left, claiming it was probably time for them to get home.

Hannah left as well, leaving me alone with my brother.

"So...I suppose you're mad at me." I say casually.

"Just a little bit. But I'm not going to lecture you, cause you already know what I'm going to say." He replies.

I roll my eyes. "What were you talking to Michael about at the park?"

"Nothing. Just band stuff." He doesn't look at me when he talks, signaling he is lying.

I know all his tricks.

"Uh huh, and you think I believe you on that?" I ask sarcastically.

"Well, let's pretend you do so we can have a good night." He smiles.

"Fine. I'll find out eventually Irwin." I state. "Mark my words-"

I get cut off because a couch pillow was thrown at me.

"Hey!" I shout.

Ashton giggles and runs away to his room.

I chase after him, banging on his door.

"Ashy! It's okay. Just let me in. We're gonna have a talk. I won't hurt you." I say in an innocent voice.

"No! You're gonna kill me." He muffles through the door.

"I'm not going to do anything." I grip the pillow behind my back---ready.

He opens the door a crack, and I lean in and smile at him. He opens it a teenie bit more, and I launch myself at it, shoving it open and tumbling on top of him.

I start hitting him with a pillow as he tries to defend himself with his hands, screaming.

"You lied to me!" He giggles as I hit him again.

I feel a prescence behind me to see Lauren standing in the doorway.

"What are you doing?" She asks, rubbing her eyes.

"Pillow fight." I explain.

"It's not a pillow fight. A pillow fight would include two pillows, one for each person, and they both attack each other. You're just...psychopathically trying to kill me with fabric. wrapped around stuffing." Ashton argues.

"Do you want me to succeed? " I push the pillow to his neck, pinning him down.

"No." He chokes out.

"Then shut up." I turn back to Lauren, who looks like nothing is happening."What are you doing up?" I realize it is about ten o' clock at night, and she usually goes to bed earlier than that.

Of course, she's a teenager, so she really doesn't go to bed, but she 'goes to bed'.

"Well, with your guys' screaming, it was some of hard to sleep." She explains.

"Well, I guess we can stop. Sorry. It was Ashton's fault." I pin the blame on him.

"Was not!" He defends.

"You were the one who hit me with a pillow first!" I shout at him.

"Only because you-"

And that was the point when Lauren walks away, mumbling, "And now they're going to argue for ten minutes."

I punch Ashton in the arm. "I'm going to bed loser. See you in the morning. And if the boys are here, and you didn't warn me, I'm gonna go all pillowzilla on you in front of them."

"Won't that hurt your 'pretty girl' reputation?" He smirks.

I stick my tongue out at him and walk out of his room and over to mine, away form everyone else's.

I flop down on my bed and sit there for about ten minutes staring at the wall, doing nothing but thinking.

When I snap out of my thoughts, I quickly get ready for bed and hop into the blankets, pulling my phone over with me.

I plug in my headphones and start playing music, all the while vamping on my phone.

And this is how normal nights went at the Irwin household.

But not for long.

They would change and be completely different...very soon.