Chapter 6 - Engaged... To the wrong person

So the time skip. At the Summer Gala!

-Ara

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gala Dresses

Hermione Malfoy

Angel and Diamond

Angel and Diamond

Annabella

Draco Malfoy

Draco Malfoy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIME SKIP to 2 DAYS LATER - AT THE SUMMER GALA

Angel POV - First Person

The first few days of our holiday was quite fun. Hermione was awesome and the Summer Gala has arrived.

Hermione said we would meet her fiance there and I'm so excited. I hope Draco Malfoy comes, I kind of have a crush on him but I know that I have no chance, and anyway, I have a boyfriend back at home.

Annabella is crazy. She sent Draco Malfoy an invitation to the Summer Gala, and I know it's held by the Grangers, but isn't that a bit weird? She is head-over-heels and hellishly annoying. She can't stop insulting Hermione and everything she does. At least she can shut up this time, Hermione's dress is something no one can beat.

"Angel? Diamond? You guys ready?" Hermione called for us.

"Coming!" Diamond called down. We went down the stairs. I yelped in delight, Hermione's dress was perfect on her. It was greyish black that trailed down her back to the floor. Her hair was in a neat bun and she had a small, rhinestone clutch. Perfect.

Diamond and I had matching dresses with different belts. Mine was gold while Diamond's was silver, we loved our dresses but Hermione's was just flawless.

We went down to the ballroom and watched others dance.

"OMG, Hermione. What is that dress!" Annabella came over, 2 girls giggled behind her, people she probably invited, her friends?!

"That is my newest design in HM Clothing and is sold all across the globe for thousands," Hermione said.

"What a waste of money and effort. No one is dancing with you." Annabella snorted.

"I don't see you with anyone either," Hermione said not unkindly.

"Well, that's because my date is coming. That's my big announcement, Beaver." With that, Annabella strutted onto the stage with her 'friends' behind her.

"Hey, guys!" Annabella said into the mic. "Having fun?" There were some cheers and some 'YEAH's. We just groaned.

"So. I have some big news. After 2 years of dating, I'm engaged!" Annabella waved her hand, a ring sat on her middle finger. Hermione laughed. I was confused.

"Why are you laughing?" Diamond asked.

"In the fashion industry, you need to learn how to separate real from fake. And that ring, it's fake." Hermione said, still laughing. Diamond and I giggled.

"And you know what, I'm engaged to none other than Draco Malfoy!" The whole room cheered, especially her mother. But why is Uncle Richard, Aunt Jean, and Hermione laughing so hard? I mean, Draco Malfoy...

"He proposed to me this morning on the beach. He'll be coming later. Keep an eye on us!" Annabella screeched and waddled off the stage, people racing over to congratulate her.

Looking at our confused faces, Hermione leaned in and said, "I'm married to Draco Malfoy."