II

The sounds of kids screaming at each other is enough to wake me from my nap and is almost enough to push me over the edge, again.

Why can't I ever take a nap in peace and better yet why don't kids ever have a mute button? Their parents should invest in muzzles, not the BDSM kind of course, that would be very worrisome and a little bit pedophilish. I think all of this to myself as I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling contemplating suicide right now.

Yawning, I sit up on my bed, realizing that I must have fallen asleep as soon as I landed on the bed. "Fuck me" I muttered. What time is it?

I reach to my back pocket and pull my phone out and see that it is 4:43. I'm suppose to pick up Brie at 5:00. I also noticed that I had a missed call from Bryce.

I press her contact and put the phone to my ear, waiting for her to pick up. After a few rings I hear her yell into the phone like a damn Banshee.

Im truly never going to understand why some girls feel the need to scream and be so dramatic all the time.

Shit I can't even complain though, I act the same way too nearly all the time.

"Im guessing you fell asleep as soon as you got home?" she asked. "Yeah, I guess I was just very tired from school today. Why did you call?" I asked her, sighing.

"Oh yeah, get ready I heard that you were going to babysit Brie tonight. I figured you might need a ride there since my mom gave me the car. I also heard you were going to Vanessa's to hang out. You bitches didn't even bother inviting me" she said with an audible huff at the end of her sentence.

"Oh shut up, we knew damn well that you were going to show up anyway, also can we stop by the liquor store on the way there? I need some Takis like right now" I ask, still sitting on my bed.

"No" she simply said.

"Bryce this is honestly why you don't have a boyfriend yet, and every time you do have one its always a long distance relationship." I reply back, narrowing my eyes.

"You don't need the Takis you fatass, loosing a few pounds wouldn't kill you, also fuck you for that one. What the hell did that have to do with me not taking you to the store?" she asks.

"Don't question my logic when it comes to these things Bryce, you know it isnt going to end well for you." I respond to her.

All I hear is silence from the other side of the line.

Did we lose connection?

"Anyways I will pick you up in 15 minutes, get ready" she yelled into the phone before she hanged up.

Crazy bitch.

Smiling to myself, I put my phone in my back pocket and hop off my bed. I make my way downstairs and grab my bag off the coat hanger and walk to the kitchen.

I reach into the cabinets and open the one that held all the junk food inside. I move the chips out of the way since I am in the mood for something sweet.

I pull out a Hershey bar and start making my way to the fridge to grab a drink. I grab a water bottle and turn around, facing the window that gives me a wide view of the front yard and street.

I open the bottle and take a large sip. Feeling the cool liquid quench my thirst, I look outside the window, taking in the scenery. There were a lot more kids and parents out going around Trick Or Treating. They were mostly little kids though since they probably had a bed time around the same time the older kids came out to get some candy.