3

Alex P.O.V

What the fuck just happened? Harper just said I was her girlfriend. She touched me and whispered in my ear and called me cute. Mini me definitely noticed her. What the fuck?

"Earth to planet green eyes" I hear Lo say.

"Did that really just happen?"

"Yes. Yes it did. Who knew Harp had it in her?" She says laughing as we turn to head to class.

All day my thoughts are focused on Harper Adams. When she placed her finger on my jaw I felt something I have never felt before. That small simple touch was like a lighting bolt and I can still feel her finger on my chin. Before I know it the bell is ringing signaling the end of the day. After changing for practice and heading into the gym I see Harper and Michelle standing with Lo. I make my way over to them with my heart racing in my chest.

"Yo cap you're early" Lo says to me. I just shrug and ask how they are all doing getting a chorus of ok's from the 3 of them.

"Well, me and Lauren are going to make out before practice have fun love birds" Chel says dragging Lo away from us causing both, Harper and I, to look down blushing.

We both look up at the same time locking eyes with each other. There is something I see in her eyes that I cant look away from. She gives me a soft smile and as I was about to say something a force hits me in the back knocking me to my knees the breath out of my lungs. Normally it wouldn't have bothered me but the bruises are still very sore.

"What the fuck asshole!" Harper yells. I look up to see Brandon, captain douche and Harper's ex boyfriend.

"Aww baby what's the matter? Freako need to learn to take a hit." He says causing anger to flow through my veins. I need to learn to take a hit? Me? I have been taking hits all my life. As I catch my breath I glance at Harper and her face is blood red and I swear I can see steam coming out of her ears.

He turns to walk away right as she is about to let him have it. I stand up grabbing her hand. She looks to me and I shake my head no trying to tell her its not worth it.

She tries to tell me she's sorry but I cut her off telling her practice is about to start. She asks me can she call me later and I shake my head again and tell her its not a good idea. A frown quickly etches its way across her face causing her eyebrows to furrow. I take my thumb and smooth out the wrinkles on her forehead.

"If you keep frowning princess you will get wrinkles." She instantly smiles at the word princess. I tell her I have to start practice and walk away from her.

I can't get involved with her. She's a fucking angel and it's not fair to drag her into the hell that is my life. That's it. I have to keep my distance away from Harper Adams.