11

Alex's P.O.V

I wake to a constant buzzing by my head. Without opening my eyes, I blindly reach for my phone. Peeking out of 1 eye I see 2 missed calls from Lo. I tap her contact and put it on speaker rolling over onto my back.

Lo: Bish Where are you?

Me: Sleeping.

Lo: Wake your lazy ass up. Come over. Bring Harper

Me: I will see if she can

Lo: Ok do it now. I have new movies and Michelle wants to have a lazy day with her best friends and her wonderful girlfriend.

Me: Who is that never met them before?

Lo:Funny get your ass up and come on

She hangs up and I shoot Harper a text.

Me: Wanna go with me to Lo's to watch movies with her and Michelle?

I send it rolling out of bed.  After taking a shower and brushing my teeth I hear a ding.

Harper: Sure

Me: I will pick you up in 20. Love you baby girl

Harper: Love you too :)

After getting dressed and making sure I have my phone and keys I lock up and make my way to Harpers.  When I get there she comes out with a huge smile on her face.  I quickly get out to open the door for her.  After I get back in I ask her why she is so happy.  She tells me because she is happy to be with me.  I peck her lips and head to Lo's house.

Once we get there we go in and see Michelle and Lo on one of the couches so we sit on the other.  After the first movie Lo orders Chinese takeout and we decide on a scary movie for the next one.  Half way through the movie my phone rings.

I look at it and see its my dad calling.  Fuck. I forgot her was coming home today.  Shit how am i going to get out of this without Lo knowing exactly what's going on?  I look up to see Harpers looking at me as if to say "Are you going to answer it?" I give her a small smile and excuse myself to the kitchen.

Dad: Where the fuck are you I thought I told you to be here when I got back?

Me: I'm sorry I forgot. 

Dad: You forgot? Get your ass home now you worthless piece of shit

Me: I will be there soon

Dad: NOW!

He hangs up and I take a deep breath before walking back into the living room.  I am met with 3 pairs of questioning eyes. 

"Sorry guys I have to go.  Michelle can you take Harper home?" I ask without looking at any of them. She nods and I peck her on the lips telling her I have to go.  I look over at Lo and she looks like she is glaring at me with her jaw clenched.  She knows who that was and why I have to leave so suddenly.  She always knows.  

I make it to the door before I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you have to go? You can stay here you know my parents don't care."

"Yeah Lo I have to go. I was supposed to be there when he got home" I say not looking at her. 

"Call me please. If you don't call me in an hour I am coming over" she says still angry.

"Sure Lo. I love you LoLo" I tell her before leaving and heading to hell.

I pull into my drive way 15 minutes later.  I take a few deep breaths trying to prepare myself for what is to come.  After a minute, I get out and head inside.  Once I close the door I glance around to spot my father.  I don't see him so I take a few steps inside the door.

Suddenly I feel a hand on my neck and my body being pushed back.

"I told you to be home when I got here. Where the fuck were you?" He asks spitting a little on my face.

"I'm so-sorry I was at a friends house." I say not looking him in the eyes.

"You will fucking listen to me." He spits.  A second later he punches me in the stomach causing all the air to leave my body.  Still struggling to breathe from the hit and his hand around my throat, he throws me on the ground.  I hear him walking away thinking it is already over I start to get up.  He comes back just as I am about to get to my knees.

"Where the fuck do you think you are going?"

I freeze not looking up at him.  The next thing I know I feel something hard connect with the side of my head causing my vision to blur.  I fall back on the ground and he starts beating me with whatever he has in his hand.  The pain to more than I have ever felt in my life.  After a few more hits I can't feel anything. He is still spiting hateful words and I feel something else connect with my head and it all goes black.